Print Thread
#4484 03/10/02 12:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who won this game or if they even played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waccamaw won 3-2 in penalty kick

Academic Magnet scored first in the second half. Then Robert Hunter from Waccamaw scored two goals in the span of about 7 minutes to put Waccamaw up 2-1. Then Academic Magnet scored to tie it up. Overtime was dominated by Waccamaw nearly scoring three times.

goals-Robert hunter,2
PK goals- Joel Sapp, Trey Janes, Tyson Ellis, Robert Hunter.

Great game full of excitement. Too bad u couldnt have seen it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Academic Mag. really all that good? I know waccamaw has a solid defense so i was wondering, we have to play them in a few weeks, we, being Edisto. I heard they pass really well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Magnet played a great game. Neither team deserved to lose.

They are very strong in midfield and have a keeper who made some outstanding saves.

Good luck to both teams when you play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Magnet is led in the back by #3 Ferguson and 7 and 11 in the middle are decent. They play lot of long balls over the top that their strikers try to chase down. They are a big and fast team. However, a lack of skill on the outsides will hurt them against stronger teams. Waccamaw, when able to get the ball wide, was very effective missing a few goals by inches. You have to keep the ball from Ferguson if you want to win and keep him from leaking up the field. Hope this helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah thanks for the info., sounded like a great game.

Link Copied to Clipboard