Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Ok, we all knewe that Mauldin would take the upstate. I just can't get over how well Fort Mill improved this year. Not just a little, a lot! Winning something like 15 out of their last 17 (too lazy to go back and look) and then to knock of Spartanburg. Anyone know as to the reason(s) for the huge improvement? Can you write it down and send it to me?

Wando. I have no connections to the Lower State, but I just can't bring myself to like them. They're kind of like the guy down the street with the nice house. It helps the neighborhood look better, but you're still a little jealous inside. Yeah, or maybe nothing like that at all. Seperate but equal question, how many in a row has the lower state won? 2?

Anyone that beats West Ashley has got to be the favorite, but I'm still going to root for the native team. Thank the Lord they leave the region this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has been 4 years since Wando has been to State championship. No need ot feel envious of them. Mauldin has been the one who has been to state championship game how many times in a row? That is the team you should be pulling against.

R1C - keep your resume current. May be some openings down here this year. No - i do not have any inside scoop on this. If you could pass for a girls' basketball coach, I do know Wando is interviewing for one of those!

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
No. Basketball and my name should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

In order to move down to that area, I'd have to marry some local doctor, governor, or president to offset the c.o.l. Are the stories about you and Lapf true? Do you really have toilet paper rolls made out of 100 dollar bills?

If Mauldin wins we could always claim that 2 of our 5 losses were derived from the State Champion. Has a better ring to it...

R
throw in
throw in
R
i have alot of confidence that the state championship will stay in the Lower State this year. I may not like Wando and i may not like Mauldin, but i do like the Lower State and thats where the championship deserves to be.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Now, explain why it "deserves" to be there.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
R!C --

That "deserves" word has always bothered me when it comes to sports. It's as though victory should be determined at a higher plane than actually counting the score at the end of the match. The Summerville coach, after their 1-0 loss to WA last Friday said (as quoted by the Post and Courier) "My girls played hard and deserved to win." I'm still trying to figure that out.

Wando is the current #1 as ranked by SCSOCCER.COM and as such have to be the favorite going into Memorial Stadium on Friday night. I'd like to take a moment and point out how incredibly accurate the SCSOCCER.COM rankings have become as the season winds down. Of the four top ranked teams, all four were still playing as of last night. Unbelievable accuracy.

lpaf

ps: What stories about me and S1?

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
The expensive toilet paper, the elevators in your houses, and stretch hummers. Those of us in the upstate have heard many tales about the quality of living those of you Charleston enjoy. We blame the last two state championships on that alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went back through the archives and could not find one instance where SCSOCCER.com has failed to get the winner correct in it's final poll. Remarkable.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
JacketsSM --

I did the same research with the same finding.

Nice season for Fort Mill. Might have been some poetic justice in having a FM vs West Ashley State Final, though, given their tie in Viking Cup on the front end of the season. Next year, why don't you guys beat Mauldin and we'll work to get past Wando. Deal?

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will being pulling for Wando to win over Mauldin. There is just something about Mauldin that makes you want to pull for the other team. So play hard Wando some of us here in Columbia will be there to see you win!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard