Next Thread
Print Thread
R
run97 Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
R
after a hard fought season this past year one begins to wonder how it will play out this spring. the three powerhouses (JI Wando and West Ashley) made region 7 play incredibly interesting by putting some hard fought and well played matches down for the record in '04. this coming season Wando will be without MANY of their starters from last year. JI will come in with their very strong team (full of underclassman) that WA just couldnt seem to get a hold on last season. But they will this year be without their '04 starting goalie (Sydney?). And of course the ladies at WA start the season with seniors Julie Bolt, Danielle Jordan, Alechia Brothers, Alexis Brothers, and Jenny-Ann Jackson ready to win back the state title. could this be WA's last year as a powerhouse or can their underclassman step it up and carry on the tradition? Will Wando still be a factor when playoff time rolls around this spring? Is JI starting a new and stronger powerhouse legacy? i know it seems a little early, but 4A state predictions anyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I LOVE SCSFINEST.... WA will win state

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rank JI 1st, WA second, and Wando 3rd.
Wando will be competitive and by end of season may even be a threat but they did lose 6 starting seniors off of last yr's team State championship team and will have to develop some new leaders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rank WA 1st as much as i hate to say it...JI 2nd and Wando DEFINETLY 3rd...theyre going to have a really hard time developing new girls to step up and fill the leadership void that was left with their starting seniors.

World Cup
World Cup
...and so the Lou Holtz poor mouth campaign begins!!! I can hear it now, "Wando had to overcome so much adversity to win state this year after losing so many talented players off of last years squad. Beating opponents by an average of 5-0 in the playoffs was a real testament to how hard they worked during the season!"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With limited knowledge it does seem that Wando lost way to much but will still have a strong team . 15 players that would start for anyone.WA is loaded with talent with 3 to 4 girls on the final BIG 18 . JI probably does not have the star quality of WA but is also loaded and may have that certain togetherness/ heart /desire to be the final 1 4A team this year.
One team that looked great at seasons end and really should be good is Fort Mill . The forgotten one . They had a great mid field . I know they lost one very good player who played super at the N/S game. Most of their girls play in the Charlotte clubs.
Again Mauldin has alot of very good players like Wando but they lack that girl who can take the team on their back like they have had in the past years.
This is a great senior class and will be fun to follow this season.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
This year I think that WA will have the upper hand with so many stand out seniors. JI will give them a run for their money in the regular season, but come playoff time WA's experience will allow them to fairly easily rise to the top of the lower state. Wando will have an off year and finish third.
After seeing Wando's JV dominate WA last year (I have not seen JI JV), I have to say that this might be the last run for WA for awhile. Granted, I have only saw one game from WA JV last year but they did not seem to have any strong weapons at any stage of the game. Looking ahead to 2006, Wando will have a strong group of juniors and seniors and will be poised to make another run, assuming they all stay with the program.

Link Copied to Clipboard