Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hurst....I wish Jenifer the best. I know her and her family well. I'm sure she will receive all the guidance she needs for a college decision from her parents...she won't need or get any counsel from me.

As to your competitive comment...Newberry had a great year. Juan P. is building the program and he is super person...it was a tough loss the Indians suffered at the legs of the Blue Hose 5 - 4 on PKs in the SAC tournament.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
I obviously did not see all the games and all the players this weekend, but #9 for FM was the strongest player I saw. She is a force to be reckened with when anyone has to play FM. I expect FM to go pretty deep in the playoffs this year, and really would not be surprised to see them win it all. But.... it's still early.....

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
hershey, Jen will obviously do very well at the next level and she would be an asset to any program in the country.

As for that SAC tournament game, remember it goes down as a draw. Couple that with the fact that Newberry beat PC 4-2 in Clinton (and finished one rung ahead of them in the regular season conference standings) and I believe it's fair to say that the Lady Indians had the upper hand in 2004.

Nice to see that we finally have a real rivalry as PC has historically had the upper hand. Now if we can both reel in Catawba, Tusculum and C-N it should make for a very competitive 2005. Good luck to the Blue Hose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While we are handing out accolades, the Eastside Lady Eagles had their stars too. On this team, all the girls contribute. So at the risk of offending most, I will throw caution to the wind and highlight a few. The midfield was dominated by sophomores #10 Shea Bielby and #17 Emily Davis. The senior goalie #00 Michelle Rankin had 3 shut-out games, 20 saves in 4 games and was kicked in the head and given a concussion in the Fort Mill brawl. She wanted to go back in even though she couldn't see straight. Sophomore forward #6 Brentley Roberts had 3 goals in 4 games. Thank you all for the memories. GO EAGLES!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a point of clarification-
Kristi Tempel is only a junior at South Aiken. Her older sister Missy is the PC signee. Missy did manage one goal and one assist this weekend from her sweeper position. She also led a defense that only allowed two goals and posted two shutouts.

World Cup
World Cup
Hurst, could you find the time to explain to me your personal connection with the berry of the New? As a former member of their squad I'd love to know your affiliation.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
R!C --

"the berry of New"? I guess you had to be there...

lpaf

World Cup
World Cup
Friend,

There is a special bond and understanding of people who have attended that institution. Until recently, athletes were tormented, picked on, laughed at, and down right ashamed to play for Newberry. "Win" and "Newberry" did not appear together in the same sentence without a "didn't" in there somewhere. The school, during my time, was in financial trouble and all social enjoyment was a 40 minute trip to Columbia. You did what you could to survive that place, yet now I wear it like a battle scar and refer to her with many adoring names. Yes, you had to be there.

p.s. I heard WA played a heck of a tournament and simply did not have the ball bounce their way. In light of this, I still feel they deserve the #1 ranking and will begin campaigning today. We won't let them rob that school!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
R1C,

Use your "Columbo" instincts. There's enough info out there to connect the dots.

I'm glad that you still remain proud of the Newberry....they are certainly heading in the right direction. I saw Coach Woods, who started the women's program, at the Taco Cup and personally thanked him for his contribution.

World Cup
World Cup
I never watched Columbo, so I'm at a disadvantage. I only knew of two people from that school who resided in the Fort Mill area. You don't have short, spiked, bleached hair do you?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard