Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Fort Mill freshman forward Ashleigh Sheets had a nice Sunday. In the semi she scored two of her team's three second half goals to lead the Lady Jackets over Eastside.

In the final against JI, she got the golden goal.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Danielle Schmitt and Ashleigh Sheets of Fort Mill both scored 4 goals in five games. I heard that Elyse Clarke of James Island scored four in one game against Chapin.

Any other girls score four or more over the weekend?

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Lytle Cannon scored 6 for Spartanburg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kristi Tempel scored four for South Aiken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Frankie Battye midfielder #13 for James Island had 4 goals, 3 against W. Florence, and 1 against Mauldin in the semi-final game.

Elyse Clark for JI did get 4 against Chapin.

Chelsea Terry #12 for JI played great on defense, along with Catherine Deden, Stacey Ulichnie(SP?), and Courntey Lassiter.

Lisa Frawley and Kelly Gosnell both played well up front for James Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally think that #9 Jenifer ****len for Fort Mill was their strongest player against JI and Eastside......Congratulations to her and the rest of the Fort Mill team on winning the tournament....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the information on scoring.Impressive showing by the Presbyterian College signees Cannon, Battye and Tempel. Congratulations to them and others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seasiders...I believe Jenifer ****len is the Fort Mill player you mention.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Jennifer ****len was her usual tremendous self for Fort Mill. She may be the best junior in the state.

.....and Hershey. You won't see Jen at Presbyterian. She would go to a competitive school like Newberry before she'd ever think of lacing them up for the Blue Hose.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
I guess we have to write her name phoenetically because the "PC police" are watching:

Jennifer Phiklen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hurst....I wish Jenifer the best. I know her and her family well. I'm sure she will receive all the guidance she needs for a college decision from her parents...she won't need or get any counsel from me.

As to your competitive comment...Newberry had a great year. Juan P. is building the program and he is super person...it was a tough loss the Indians suffered at the legs of the Blue Hose 5 - 4 on PKs in the SAC tournament.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
I obviously did not see all the games and all the players this weekend, but #9 for FM was the strongest player I saw. She is a force to be reckened with when anyone has to play FM. I expect FM to go pretty deep in the playoffs this year, and really would not be surprised to see them win it all. But.... it's still early.....

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
hershey, Jen will obviously do very well at the next level and she would be an asset to any program in the country.

As for that SAC tournament game, remember it goes down as a draw. Couple that with the fact that Newberry beat PC 4-2 in Clinton (and finished one rung ahead of them in the regular season conference standings) and I believe it's fair to say that the Lady Indians had the upper hand in 2004.

Nice to see that we finally have a real rivalry as PC has historically had the upper hand. Now if we can both reel in Catawba, Tusculum and C-N it should make for a very competitive 2005. Good luck to the Blue Hose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While we are handing out accolades, the Eastside Lady Eagles had their stars too. On this team, all the girls contribute. So at the risk of offending most, I will throw caution to the wind and highlight a few. The midfield was dominated by sophomores #10 Shea Bielby and #17 Emily Davis. The senior goalie #00 Michelle Rankin had 3 shut-out games, 20 saves in 4 games and was kicked in the head and given a concussion in the Fort Mill brawl. She wanted to go back in even though she couldn't see straight. Sophomore forward #6 Brentley Roberts had 3 goals in 4 games. Thank you all for the memories. GO EAGLES!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a point of clarification-
Kristi Tempel is only a junior at South Aiken. Her older sister Missy is the PC signee. Missy did manage one goal and one assist this weekend from her sweeper position. She also led a defense that only allowed two goals and posted two shutouts.

World Cup
World Cup
Hurst, could you find the time to explain to me your personal connection with the berry of the New? As a former member of their squad I'd love to know your affiliation.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
R!C --

"the berry of New"? I guess you had to be there...

lpaf

World Cup
World Cup
Friend,

There is a special bond and understanding of people who have attended that institution. Until recently, athletes were tormented, picked on, laughed at, and down right ashamed to play for Newberry. "Win" and "Newberry" did not appear together in the same sentence without a "didn't" in there somewhere. The school, during my time, was in financial trouble and all social enjoyment was a 40 minute trip to Columbia. You did what you could to survive that place, yet now I wear it like a battle scar and refer to her with many adoring names. Yes, you had to be there.

p.s. I heard WA played a heck of a tournament and simply did not have the ball bounce their way. In light of this, I still feel they deserve the #1 ranking and will begin campaigning today. We won't let them rob that school!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
R1C,

Use your "Columbo" instincts. There's enough info out there to connect the dots.

I'm glad that you still remain proud of the Newberry....they are certainly heading in the right direction. I saw Coach Woods, who started the women's program, at the Taco Cup and personally thanked him for his contribution.

World Cup
World Cup
I never watched Columbo, so I'm at a disadvantage. I only knew of two people from that school who resided in the Fort Mill area. You don't have short, spiked, bleached hair do you?

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
That's not bleached man, it's gray. And what little hair I have on my head is buzzed short.

T
throw in
throw in
T
To: R1C and other irrelevant/off topic posters,

Enough already!!!!! Please stay the course on the thread’s topic. If you feel the need to interject a personal/irrelevant note within a certain thread please start your own thread and spare us the pain of having to slog through your posts. Thanks!

TWS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a fan...Thanks for the clarification on Kristi and Missy. Awesome scoring by Kristi and stellar defense from Missy.

Hurst...It was a great year for the Indians ! Their play was emblematic of the phrase "Fear the Spear ! Many firsts for them...one being the first time to host a SAC tournament game ! Congratulations to the Lady Indians !
Unfortunately, the regualr season hard work to obtain the #4 seed and host a first round tournament game, was lost as they did not advance to the semi final matches of the SAC tournament, by way of the #5 seed PC's PK win at Newberry.

Here's to the continued improvement for the Indians and a return to the consistent top seeding of which PC is accustomed. Both will need it to reign in the likes of C/N, Catawba and TC.

This looks to be college thread material ?

World Cup
World Cup
TW Sharpe:

1) Please pm me your address so that I may send you a large box of tissues.

2) Crying only makes you thirsty so conserve water by getting over it.

3) Tylenol will help ease the pain your overweight finger may endure in scrolling past our "irrelevant" post.

4) Have a good day.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Better move this conversation over to the College forum or Sharpe is going to pop a cork!

PK's determined who advanced. Still a draw in the books.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Better move this conversation over to the College forum or Sharpe is going to pop a cork!

PK's determined who advanced. Still a draw in the books.

World Cup
World Cup
Hurst, I feel taken advantage of. I have bought into your vague comments on the hope of finding an old friend here on the site. Shame on you for misleading me, however congrats to the recent rise and fantastic play of FM.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Fort Mill central midfielder Melanie Blaschke, who was named the Senior MVP of the Taco Bell Viking Cup, will be signing with Charleston Southern of the Big South Conference. Coach saw enough of her this weekend that he's dropping the letter of intent in the mail.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard