Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I don't think i'm the only one that remembers all the talk last year about how High School Soccer gets screwed when it comes to news coverage. I remember people talking about flooding WIS, WLTX, WOLO, The State, etc... with letters from upset soccer fans, coachs, and players. And i'm pretty sure it happened, I know I sent a letter. And they did improve the soccer coverage. But i've noticed this year...there was no fuss so they haven't done anything. So if you have any extra time send an e-mail to one of these stations. Lets get some recognition.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I guess i'm the only one that cares?

World Cup
World Cup
L-E Dude ... You've got to figure high school soccer into the whole sports equation for the local media ... Whereas at this time of year you have the NCAA Basketball Tournaments, College Baseball, PGA Golf getting started, the NBA, College Spring Football, and of course -- the just completed High School basketball state championships ... So, the "Olympic Sports" such as baseball, boys golf, soccer, softball, track/field, etc., will take a back seat until around the first of April and then you will see an increased presence of media coverage for high school soccer ... However, that was one of the primary reasons SCSOCCER.COM started, because this specializes in OUR sport! ... I know for a fact that the other "Spring Sports" in our state do not have a Web site specifically for that sport ... So, sit back and enjoy the season -- the coverage will come!

P.S. -- SCSOCCER.COM Subscribers can always read the latest news and articles about prep soccer at the link provided, 2002 SC High School Soccer News Articles

Link Copied to Clipboard