Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
world cup
world cup
Fort Mill's not talking smack. As you saw, last match with Eastside was a great one. Eastside was up 2-0 in the second half and things looked pretty bleak. It took a gutty effort by the Lady Jackets to pull that one out.

Last FM-Mauldin matchup was for the Upper state championship last spring and Mauldin got the goal and earned the right to advance.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Chapindad - it was never even close to PK's for Lexington 2 - 1 over Spring Valley

C
goal
goal
C
I don't know 2-1 sounds close to me, our 12-0 win over Storm Thurmond is more like "never even close", but the score doesn't always paint the perfect picture. Lexington is on a roll and will probably be hard to stop. Congrats.

My picks are really sucking wind. I wonder if I can get a refund. I guess am just to much of a sucker for the under-dogs.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
You're right that does sound like a close score but Lex was up 2-0 with less than 2 or 3 minutes left when we put our subs in and then a questionable no-call on a knock down to our defender led to the SV only goal. That's ok though as long as we got the "W". It was a pretty good game actually, and SV is a quick team with some good players.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
LF- that wasn't even a questionable call. That was the worst no call I've seen in a long time.
A frustrated two hand push to the back, even the SV player had to expect the foul, maybe even a card.

Lexington look good they knocked the ball around the best I've seen this year, but at some point they have to start moving the ball forward to score.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Prediction: Summerville 0 @ James Island 2

lpaf

(ps: My roving fingers want to type JI 3 but I won't let them.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like it. My personal prediction is JI 3 Summerville 1. I think Summerville might sneak one on us. They always show up ready to play JI. Looking forward to a good game.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
True - Ok, you're right. I was just trying to be little diplomatic here. That was a blatant foul that I can't believe was not called, especially since it was right in front of the ref. Maybe he was feeling sorry for SV. Last night I noticed that our midfield is starting to dribble the ball a bit too much and instead of passing the ball off to an open player they try to get by 3 or 4 defenders and either loose the ball or have to pass it backwards. We could have easily scored 3 or 4 more goals last night because quite a few times I noticed our forwards in the perfect position to finish off a goal if a cross was made, but instead an ill advised shot was taken. When those go in we all think it's great, but when they don't, as most of them don't, it was just a wasted scoring opportunity. Hopefully that is something that is being noticed by the coaches and worked on for the future. If they start passing to the open players a little better, look out.....

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Summerville 0 @ James Island 4

The #2 ranked James Island Trojans dominated the #9 ranked Summerville Greenwave from opening whistle to the end of the 80th minute in a display of crisp soccer fundamentals, beautiful crossing shots and a midfield that denied the Greenwave the opportunity to move the ball down the field consistantly. Fully 80% of the game was played in the Summerville defensive half of the field. JI's four goals (2 in each half) were on beautiful hard crossing passes and each goal was high quality. Lisa Frawley, Kelly Gosnell, and Elyse Clark (2 goals) scored for the Trojans and 2 additional goals were called back for, to my eye, questionable off side calls.

The Greenwave was not without an offensive effort, moving the ball at times through the middle of the field before giving it up to the JI back line of Kelsey Riggs, Staci Ulichnie and Catherine Deden. Chelsea Terry (12), off an injury I am told, sat out the first 30 minutes of the game before coming in at stopper and providing even more speed and ball control in the the JI backfield. JI played Cortney Lasseter and Ashley Ingles, usually 2 of their starting back line, in mid and this seemed to pay off in terms of ball control without, at least tonight, giving up anything in the back.

This was not a case of a good team crushing a weak team. Summerville played well, but just couldn't overcome the swarming defense, fast back line, and explosive offense of the JI forwards. I think this is the best team play I have seen since the '02 Wando squad or the '03 Mauldin team.

JI weaknesses: none. OK, they didn't clear the ball as cleanly as they should have in corner kicks. How do you beat JI? You put together exceptional and unexpected offensive plays that catch them off guard combined with stellar defense. Go practice that...

lpaf

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
LF- I really have been pleasantly surprised by the great ball work out of the back field and into the mid field by Lexington this year. It's early in the season It might take them a little time to find their most effective way from mid field to their forwards. But I hope they find it soon my fingernails are getting short.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard