Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
coach
coach
S
LF/Truefan: I've enjoyed reading your analysis of Lexington's tactics. It got me wondering enough to do a 10-minute review of some numbers. Here are some highlights:

Last year, at this point in the season Lexington was 1-5; this year they're 5-1.

Offensively, at this point in the season last year Lexington's offense was held scoreless in their first 6 games with the exception of the single game they won [5-0 against a not very strong Hartsville team]; this year they've scored 10 goals in 6 games [4 against a strong Brookland Cayce team].

Of the 10 goals, 3 have been the result of PK's or corners, 5 from the forward position, 1 from central midfield, 1 from wing.

Defensively, at this point in the season last year Lexington's defense had given up 10 goals while this year they've given up 8.

Last year Lexington lost to Spring Valley 0-3 and Brookland Cayce 0-1 [in PK's], this year they won at Spring Valley and have defeated Brookland Cayce twice.

Last year Lexington came back from a 1-5 start to finish runner-up in their region and into the second round of the playoffs.

This isn't meant to refute any of your tactical points per se, just to illustrate a few quantitative highlights. Seems like a good start for a young team of mostly returning players that has historically shown the ability to get stronger as the season progresses.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
chico- wow, I feel like I owe you money or something. Nice work, checks in the mail.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Chico- those stats do not surprise me at all. I said after the end of the very first scrimmage this year when we beat AC Flora 9-1 that the difference between this year and last year is that we look like we now have an offense that can score some goals for us. With a little more work passing to the open players instead of trying to do it all themselves, the potential is there to really have a potent offense that should be able to keep up with the best of them out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon (lex) is prolly one of the best midfielders in the state so no one better be "dissing" her.

World Cup
World Cup
What are you talking about?

C
goal
goal
C
I believe the "S" in "SB" is Shannon herself.

World Cup
World Cup
...that would explain it.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
here's the sad thing - SB apparently registered yesterday just to make that brilliant post.

World Cup
World Cup
We're all better people for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is Shannon Bigbie from Lexington and my friend made that post without my consent. I dont normally read these posts because I think their pretty stupid, but I just could not resist commenting on something that someone wrote about the midfield for Lexington. I dont normally try to take 5 or 6 players on the other team on, however my Coach was telling me to do this. That is what he was telling me to do and I have to obey what he says. I just dont really appreciate people talking about things that they dont know anything about. Thanks

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard