Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Often times the two teams left playing for the upper state championship are Number 1 seeds from two different regions. I think the home team should not be determined by "the bracket", the match should be played at a neutral site.

For the upper state, I would offer Winthrop or Presbyterian.

I hope that eventually the lower state starts experiencing this dilemma.

Thoughts?

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Hurst --

You're working it too hard. West Ashley played every playoff game as visitor 3 years ago on their way to the state championship. Wando beat WA in WA last year to clinch the lower state title. It really doesn't matter, the better team will win.

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lpaf,

The thing you're forgetting here is that with home field advantage, FM would have no excuse for losing in the semis. Don't deny them that.

Hurst, I'm sure that Winthrop & PC appreciate you offering their soccer stadiums for the upper state championship. The good thing about Winthrop is its close proximity to Fort Mill. The Lady Jackets could sell tickets, concessions and programs while Mauldin and Lexington play for the title.

(That oughta get him) ;-)

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
lpaf,
Your quarter-final and semi-final may be "on the road", but you don't even have to leave your region to play it! It's no fun hopping in the car and driving 2 hours southwest to play on another #1 seed's home turf.

Foxy,
I didn't say the road would be easy. Mauldin and Lex will provide tough challenges (as long as Lex can keep telling themselves "we were missing 4 starters when we got manhandled at Taco Cup".

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
h66 --

Now you're sounding whiney. Whose fault is it that Fort Mill isn't close to any other powerhouses? It is lonely at the top. Have you considered moving the town? [Smile]

lpaf

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
I can't believe I put the sideways smiley thing there... If I do it again take me out and shoot me.

lpaf

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Lexington wasn't missing any starters in the Taco Cup. Fort Mill is way too good for Lexington. It should be a free and easy trip to the finals for the Yellow Jackets. There isn't anyone in the way that could provide even token resistance. All Fort Mill has to do is just show up, especially since all of their games will be at home. Now, it's only a matter of who they will face in Columbia. Yawn...yawn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lpaf-

You are just showing your sweet feminine side...smile away!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
lpaf, get back in the closet!

deahl, you're changing your tune!

World Cup
World Cup
I step away for 45 minutes and this is what I miss?!?! Hurst vs George Michaels vs Lou Holtz?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard