Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
FOUR STARTERS...Hmmmm...must be referring to the girls that never did come out. Or maybe it's the ones that got beat out of their former starting spots. Or maybe it's those girls that Lexington was counting on moving in from Texas but didn't.

Lexington has lost to Irmo and had to score in the last three minutes to nip AAA (2-6 record) Dreher in the last week. You ought to look elsewhere in the Upper State for some competition. South Aiken won Region IV last year over Lexington, and only lost one starter. Mauldin has won the Upper State how often...I've lost count.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
BRUCE......I love that one.

Goal
Goal
I definitely feel the semifinal games should be played at neutral fields. How could they go about getting this changed? Is it true that the state championships will be at USC this year. About time! If it's good for football and basketball it ought to be good for soccer!

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Why give anybody the homefield advantage, #1 ranked or not? Random field assignments of all teams throughout the state for all playoff games, I say. Put every team on a bus in the early morning hours of playoff gamedays, drive 'em to Columbia and have a computer randomly pick one of the many available fields throughout every city and hamlet of the state. Then get back on the bus and drive wherever the computer said you had to go. Some kind of simple programming could be done to avoid having a team play in their own hometown. (Chapindad could help with this.) Sure it would eat up most of a day driving, but that's a small sacifice to make for a basic equality.

lpaf

S
coach
coach
S
LPAF: I thought that Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron" was one of his finest works...Orwellian in his indictment of some aspects of our society...thanks for the riff, Bruce (I mean lpaf).

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
WOW, you boys were busy today. Some good stuff here. Way too much time on your hands though. Like Deahler said Lexington has no chance to play with the big dogs, I mean girls. I obviously had no idea what I was talking about (as usual) when I made that comment about missing 4 starters and maybe seeing FM in the playoffs. I just hope we make it to the playoffs....

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Chic0 --

Slaugtherhouse Five was always my favorite. Man's helplessness in the face of atrocities of his own making, and a hero who has become unstuck in time to boot. Vonnegut was actually captured in the Battle of the Bulge and present in the fire storm of Dresden, facts, among many others, I'm sure you know.

The Poor Mouth arrived today. I haven't started reading it yet, but like that it's short, resembling my attention span. Illustrations by Ralph Steadman.

lpaf

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Ha, you girls are starting to sound like the guys now!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh boy, you guys really are bored huh? Yes, I remember reading about Lexington missing 4 starters...the 4 starters went to FL for a club tournament for CESA. I know at least one of the starters was S. Bigbie...so yes they lost to FM and yes they didn't have 4 starters, wouldn't want to win that way.

Deahler-Lex has a lot of talent, everyone has a bad game or two...look at Eastside this past weekend?

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
lpaf,

Is that you? Did you pull a "R1C" on us and change your name?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard