Dodged a bullet there...

#47137 04/20/05 06:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welllll, as an ole coach there are a couple of ways to look at that....depending what you're trying to accomplish! Yikes! It's almost time to go to be sure of getting a seat for that early match!

#47138 04/20/05 07:09 PM
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Chapindad is cheating! I picked Irmo as the darkhorse LAST week...

#47139 04/20/05 07:24 PM
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Thumb war, the only way to ever truly solve an argument.

#47140 04/25/05 03:42 PM
D
DDF Offline
kick off
kick off
D
This has changed dramatically with ridgeview beating RNE and Dutch Fork.

RV has a very good team well coached and very physically athletic.

SV could very well be in 4th place if it not for winning two clutch games in overtime and PK's against RV, Ridge View controlled the match in both instances but failed to score with multiple opportunities on goal. This is because ridgeviews top scorer from last year is splitting time in goal, and their other two are young (freshman and sophmore) This team is a sleeper and right now, could do real damage in the playoffs

quote:
Originally posted by FoxFan:
Clearly Region 7 has the most dominant trio of teams in the state. I wouldn't want to be Goose Creek or Stratford, having to lace 'em up against those 3 every night.

I also agree that Region 5 is going to have a team sitting home that could be a Region Champ elsewhere. Right now, I would not agree that the top 3 are interchangeable. As much as it pains me to say, Irmo is in control. Their defeat of Richland Northeast earlier this week by a score of 3-0 was BIG. The next 3 (RNE, SV, DF) have a lot of region matches left, so who knows where it will shake out. I predict Irmo, RNE, SV and DF, in that order, with Ridge View being left home. That also creates a first round matchup of DF vs the #1 seed from Region 7, which I predict to be JI. The Ridge View girls will have a better time that night.

Based on strength of Region schedule, I am not prepared to award the state championship to Fort Mill. I know they've played all those NC teams, but there's no head-to-head comparisons. They may be there at the end, but region play will not prepare them for the playoffs.

I like James Island to win it all. Or, another team from Region 7.

#47141 04/26/05 02:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DDF,

The fact remains that Spring Valley won those 2 games against Ridge View. They also swept Dutch Fork, so they should hang onto the #2 seed.

RNE has 2 wins over Spring valley and split with Ridge View. They have lost 1 game to Dutch Fork and play them again tomorrow night, at Dutch Fork.

Ridge View lost 2 to SV and split with RNE and DF.

Dutch Fork lost 2 to SV, split with RV and after tomorrow night will probably have 2 wins over RNE.

Dutch Fork has a tie-breaker advantage over Ridge View, based on goal differential in head-to-head matches.

If Irmo wins out (most likely), and DF defeats RNE (somewhat likely), then DF will have the 3rd seed.

That leaves RV and RNE to fight it out for the 4th spot. The goal differential in head-to-head matches between these 2 is even. RNE beat SV twice. RV lost to SV twice. That doesn't bode well for RV. After that, I would refer to an earlier post by lpaf which outlines the steps needed to break this tie. The RV goal keeper(s) should begin practicing holding her breath underwater for extended periods.

The competition in Region IV remains fierce, with 4 teams (SV/DF/RNE/RV) being interchangeable on any given night. Every remaining game is important and will determine the final seeding from this region. Irmo is clearly a better team than these other 4 and will make noise deep into the playoffs.

I still think that Ridge View is going to be the team left out. Everyone outside of Region VI is bored to death by this post. Sorry about that.

#47142 04/26/05 02:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geez, my use of Roman Numerals in that last post was terrible. I got it wrong twice, 2 different ways. Sorry about that. The region in question is not IV or VI, but V. Can we just say 5-AAAA and be done with it?

#47143 04/26/05 02:38 AM
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
My daughter doesn't play in Region V AAAA, and I am interested. I wonder how the tie-breakers pan out?

#47144 04/26/05 12:45 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
I've been told the tie breakers are the following...

1. Head-to-Head with the teams tied.
2. Points within the region
3. Winning percentage outside of the region, not including tournament games.
4. Coin flip
I guess we will just have to wait and see but this comes from an AD who should know.

#47145 04/26/05 01:51 PM
world cup
world cup
Let me pose this question....if two first-place teams split in the regular season, and you go to the tie breaker, does a regulation/OT victory trump a PK victory?

Seems to me if I beat you straight up 1-0 in regulation, and you beat me 0-0 (4-2 PK's), I should get top seed right there, end of story.

Thoughts?

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard