R1C
Check your private messages.

#47306 04/22/05 04:47 AM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
GKT --

After further review, your post is even more offensive toward TLH than I first thought. You start by saying you "honestly" enjoyed watching the Jacket's game, as though we might not believe that you could actually like watching their play. Then we hit the infamous "you played well for the first 30 minutes part" -- implying that beyond those first 30 minutes nothing much of note was offered up by the Jackets. Next comes something I have almost never seen in a coach to coach on-line communique: (I'm assuming you were part of the Wren coaching staff since you list yourself as "teacher/coach", and GKT suggests you work training keepers) you label Hanna's style of play as a variant of boom ball ("kick-and-run style of offense" as you put it) and offer up that it probably didn't serve the Jackets well in the long run, once Wren settled down to business. Again, if the scoring as offered up by R!C is accurate, the game was back and forth throughout regulation play. Lead by TLH 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, then in the second half 2-2 (tied) then 2-3 (Wren), then finally 3-3 (tied). Sounds like Wren had difficulty dealing with the "kick-and-run style of offense", at least for the first 80 minutes of play. Of course, the 3-0 blowout in the OT periods were decisive, but overall, if I were Hanna I'd be pretty pleased to have gone from a 6-1 loss in the first match to a 3-3 regulation performance in the second meeting. "Good work with your girls! I cannot wait to watch them develop further" also has a certain "you're doing pretty well with what you've got to work with but you've got a way to go yet" ring to it. Oh well... Just a few late night musings from an insomniac graduate of Radio High. No offense intended.

lpaf

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard