Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to hand it to the WA girls. I honestly did not think they were as strong as in years past. Apparently the Will to Win was too strong to deny.
It will be fun to watch their graduating seniors play at College level.

R
throw in
throw in
R
I am so very proud of my girls. Wow! An amazing game. We don't do anything easy, that's for sure. Coming back from a two goal defecit? Now that's a will to win. With everything against us (including the refs) and no one to believe in us (other than ourselves) we were able to pull through. I'm going to miss our seniors more than anything next year, and I know that the junior class can step it up. WA may not be the best next year, but they WILL a force to be reconed with.

A great game played by EVERY member of the team last night. I didn't see anyone go out there and try to play less than there best. Special congratulations to Callie Purvis (her diversity of positions allowed WA to push D. Jordan up top), Candace Jordan (outstanding freshman performance. Scored the tying goal with a shot that brought myself and many other players, parents, and coaches to tears...literally. She played out of her shoes last night. She also stuck on FM's power player #9 quite well), Danielle Jordan (simply amazing every game), Alexis Brothers (fancy footwork up top able to confuse the life out of the opposing defense), Alechia Brothers (successfully and gracefully holding it down in the back for the Wildcats, as usual), and Julie Bolt (with consistent pressure in the midfield and some of the most amazing headers and volleys I've ever seen). The entire team played fantastic last night. We did it the hard way..again. What a fantastic way to end a fantastic season!

3 state chamionships in 4 years from a school thats only existed for 5 years? I'd say that's something special.

K
kick off
kick off
K
Local news showed a FM goal called back. FM player went a little ballistic. What was that all about?

P
throw in
throw in
P
It was oen of those rules things.

You didnt hvae a lot of luck with your predictions, i see. Lose moeny on the game?

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Praise is in order for the overall quality of the play by Fort Mill -- soccer of the highest level. These girls will be a force to be reckoned with for years.

But particularly the play of Jennifer Ficklen stood out. A hat trick of differently styled goals spread over 60 minutes of soccer to give her team a 3-1 lead late in the second half, coupled with precise ball movement and great vision. I can only wish her the best as she takes her game to the next level(s).

lpaf

------------------------------

Never underestimate the value of good karma.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The facilities at Stone Stadium were excellent. This was a big step up from two year's ago when the West Ashley girls had to wade through ankle-deep water in the dressing room! The pitch last night was in great shape. We were fortunate to play the high school State championship games on a Division 1 NCAA field. Thank you USC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The facilities at Stone Stadium were excellent. This was a big step up from two year's ago when the West Ashley girls had to wade through ankle-deep water in the dressing room! The pitch last night was in great shape. We were fortunate to play the high school State championship games on a Division 1 NCAA field. Thank you USC.

world cup
world cup
run97,

Congratulations, great job by West Ashley.

Couple things. I know you want to highlight the performance of some of your girls but referencing anyone shutting down Jen Ficklen is ridiculous. As lpaf will attest, Ficklen was clearly the equal of Danielle Jordan and Julie Bolt last night. Ficklen had two goals and an assist and was dazzling everytime she possessed the ball.

katya, I'm asking myself the same question. I don't think anybody knows why that FM goal got called back.

And run97.....the refs were against you? The officiating was very suspect and overtly physical play was encouraged. Isn't this the definition of ghetto soccer? You guys did a tremendous job of taking advantage of these conditions and you deserved to win. Congratulations on three out of four.....but don't imply the refs were working against you.

F
kick off
kick off
F
hurst66,

I personally thought the refereeing was clearly tilted in favor of FM most of the night. Most of the night it looked like WA was playing against 12, not 11. Maybe his vision was weak and he only saw the reaction, and not the action. I would welcome other less biased opinions from others there.

S
bench
bench
S
Wow! This game was the most exciting experience of my life. And I would never want to spend it with any other group of people. I love every single one of you. I dont know what I am going to do without my seniors. Ya'll mean so much to me. Ya'll have taught me so much and i will never forget ya'll. Tears are already coming to my eyes because i dont want yall to leave. I will never forget the experiences i have shared with you.

We did it ladies...and we deserved it more than anyone else. Congratulations!

Love,
Your Rookie

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard