Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to w.a. although i was not able to attend the match, i heard it was extremely well played. i know who a few of the girls on the team are and realize that a title could go to no one more well-deserving. way to go wildcats!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hurst66 .... No one said anyone was shut down .. I do believe .. said stay with her.. Get rid of the ghetto talk ... WA.... great job! No matter what anyone says, you did it! Stand up South Carolina and give your 4A champs some applause.All I see on this boards are excuses. Soccer is soccer. On any given day, who knows who may win? Again congrats West Ashley... you did it the hard way against the best teams in the state!

world cup
world cup
marcoefan,

Candace Jordan's goal was phenomenal (and brought tears to my eyes as well)....

but, to infer that she, or anyone else from WA, "stuck it to" or even "stayed with" Jen Ficklen is absolutely incorrect. One could argue that Ficklen was the best player on the field Friday night and someone reading your post, who didn't witness the match, may be led to believe that Candace did a number on her. Candace's impact in the match (like her sister Jordan) was on the offensive end, not on the defensive end.

There have been no excuses given on these boards. The FM fans have been very honorable in defeat. It was a great comeback victory for WA in a very exciting match, well worth the $8.

D
DDF Offline
kick off
kick off
D
The officials missed allot of calls that night, elbows, trips from the back, pulling down by the shirt and a couple of clear punches. They did not have even remote control of that game, as allot of dangerous play was observed. I witnessed some agressive play and some physical play, but it was obvious when play became more physical the favor was tilted toward WA. However it was not because they did anything wrong, it is just that their team was better suited for a more physical style of play.

I think both teams were hurt by poor officiating in one way or another. And in spite of that both teams proved they belonged in that title game.

quote:
Originally posted by firefly:
hurst66,

I personally thought the refereeing was clearly tilted in favor of FM most of the night. Most of the night it looked like WA was playing against 12, not 11. Maybe his vision was weak and he only saw the reaction, and not the action. I would welcome other less biased opinions from others there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do us all a favor Marco and do not post on this thread!

No one has made excuses and we have enjoyed a classy conversation. You threaten to ruin that so please, from all of us, go away.

S
bench
bench
S
thank you for your support marcoefan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Ashley Wildcats are definitely a "gutsy squad" as the Post and Courier reported. You are also a team that plays with a ton of passion and a with a whole lot of heart. Congratulations, you deserved it!!

P
throw in
throw in
P
Mister Hurst --

Jenniver Ficklen had a great gaem and without her Fort Mill would have been an also ran in the finals, and maybe all season long. But no one is "dazzling" every time they have the ball. It was the best $8 I ever spent on a sporting event. Congradulations to WA and FM for giving us such graet competition.

ps: It was just like you said it would be months ago. Fort Mill was just like Illinois.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
In my final post on this thread I would like to thank the Lady Wildcats and their coaching staff for all they have given us, the fans, over the last 4 years. Three state 4-A championships, too many exciting regular season and playoff games to count, and, above all, your best efforts at all times. This has been a very special team, the likes of which SC HS soccer may not see for quite a while. I wish the best to the returning players and have great confidence that they will continue the tradition established by the current squad. There is great promise there. I thank CGSA, now CUSC, for providing the platform of training from which this powerhouse was able to emerge. A special thanks, and at the same time an almost "We're sorry" to James Island, and the Fusion sisters there. You would have won over Fort Mill, in my opinion, more easily than West Ashley did. You were always better than your end of season ranking. Thank you, Coach McNeely, for your guidance of our children. They are better players and better people for what you and the rest of the WA coaching staff have brought to them. Thank you, Andy Grist, soccer, nutrition and fitness dictator. Who but a Brit could have brought such fundamentally solid soccer to the Lowcountry? Times change, teams change. You can never step in the same river twice. It was a great four years. May the next four hold even greater surprises.

lpaf

ps: Thanks also to the Heise's and SCSoccer.com for providing a forum in which to discuss all of the above. The best $15 entertainment bargain around...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the ladies of West Ashley. What a way for the seniors to go out and what a legacy you are leaving behind. As the saying goes, no guts, no glory. You all have guts! It's been great watching you as I cheered for you, and also cheered against you when you played against my girls of orange and blue. It was all done in the spirit of the game and we always kept it on the field. Big hugs for all of you next time I see you, which I hope will be soon. Good luck to all of you seniors with college soccer. Rock on ladies!!!! With the sincerest best of wishes to all of you, fanofgrits (a.k.a. dianne)

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard