Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
S! --

Sorry, my error. If I had seen you I would have said hello.

lpaf

R
throw in
throw in
R
Viviparous--

You should post FAR more often.

tb4u--

Not saying what the JI girls did was wrong, just slightly rude. If WA can do shake hands in '04, then JI should do it in '05. No more salt intended for anyone's wounds..just a point to be made.

R1C--

I agree about the stalling. I don't see it as a low or dirty technique, rather something that does take practice. While traveling with WA to Macon, GA earlier this year we experienced the same technique pulled on our girls by Stratford Academy. We were down 3-2 with 3 or so mintues left and Stratford Academy managed to pin our girls in the corner with only one or two balls barely inching out into other realms of possesion (of course on to be collected and returned to the corner). This stalling technique, as it's been called would have been glorified if JI or Wando had pulled it off on WA and most likely the only complaints would branch from WA...but thats not what happened, so...

Good Luck to West Ashley Friday night in Columbia. You ladies did it the hard way the whole way through and worked FAR harder than Wando and JI in order to even get to the lower state championship. Best wishes.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
A quick personal note on stalling: I never have liked it, dating back to the state final game that GFC won over Fusion about three years ago. On that particular day, GFC was up by 2 goals late in the game and had totally dominated our poor girls. It was, then, completely unnecessary. For what it's worth last night's corner activity, also to my personal disliking, did take place about 4 minutes into the "time being kept on the field" final 2 minutes in a half that had had no stoppages that I could see. So it goes...

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few good things to say about the JI-WA game: Both teams worked very hard and are to be commended for playing a relatively clean game. I only counted 12 total fouls, and they were almost evenly split. I didn't hear any trash talk on the field or from either bench. Although there wasn't much of a formal line after the game for handshakes, most of the girls shook hands with whoever was nearest. The JI players were understandably upset after the game, and WA was understandably jubuliant. The WA girls didn't act like they thought the JI girls were being poor sports, and I didn't hear anything negative said about JI on the bus ride home either. WA was in the same position a year ago, and they knew how JI felt. The thing after the game was more bizarre than anything, and it didn't have anything to do with JI's team, coaches, or parents. The goal by JI was a thing of beauty by two excellent forwards. Its a mystery to me why #17 wasn't selected to the all state team. She is the best forward we have seen all season. Luckily, she has another year to play, and I hope she finally gets the credit she deserves. Also, the JI coaches did their homework, and WA was not able to do the same things they had done in the first two games. In short, it was a hard fought, emotional game. Yes, JI dominated a significant portion of the game, but WA did enough to win. I know they will represent the lowcountry well in Columbia.

S
bench
bench
S
1.stalling is a very smart thing to do in that situation...up by 1 with 4 minutes to go, r u just going to kick the ball around and give the opposing team a chance? no. Any other team would have tried to do the same thing. Well done wildcats!

2. the whole hand shaking thing was no big deal...they were clearly upset and the WA girls respected that. Some WA girls gave the JI players that were sitting on the ground a pat on the back. The WA team would in no way try to make the JI girls feel even worse...most are friends.

3. The whole idea of being pushed out the back door was not necessary. The JI fans weren't waiting for the WA players to come out, they were waiting for the WA fans to come out. Tensions were high. All the WA girls wanted to do was celebrate with there friends and family (like they always do).

4. To those who are clearly for JI-
it was a tough loss...both teams played hard physically and emotionally. Let's let it rest.

Bring home the State Championship Lady Wildcats!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering if anyone remembers what happened in the Lowerstate semis 2 years ago on Wando's field. JI beat Wando for the first time at home - after the game, a small fight broke out... a couple punches were thrown. My most vivid memory is of watching JI players roll around on our field and scream obscenities to us from the bus as it was leaving the parking lot. Other than the GFC incident (which I was also a part of), I do not remember a more disgraceful showing of sportsmanship.

After playing with many of those girls on the Fusion for a few years, I was able to take the incident with a grain of salt - sure, they were happy, they beat us for the first time ever. I was not at the game on Tuesday to witness what happened, but if things turned out the way that it sounds like, I suppose that the players are a product of their system... I do wish that they had been able to take their turn in representing the Lowerstate in Columbia on Friday, but I'm sure that WA will be equal to the task.

Best of luck to the Wildcats!! Keep the title in the Lowcountry!

S
bench
bench
S
lpaf

Get in your order for the "Doin' It The Hard Way Tour '05" t-shirt for Friday night. They are going fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geezzzeee...if you are from the Lowcounty, I guess you must cheer for the local team, which I have done for the last three years and have been very vocal about it. Most of you still don't get it but thats okay. I'll cheer for WA. Does this mean I must cheer for the Carolina Panthers? and the Atlanta Braves? because they are the "local" teams...hope not!

2bize4u

World Cup
World Cup
Get what? I'm so confused by your post.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Yes it's got me a little confused too. Explain please tb4u...

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard