Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you send a "private message" and explain to me as well? Or just post it here if it is not too private.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Good to see the tour rolls on to Columbia! Glad my bad luck didn't rub off on WA..I have to work on Friday..so I won't be able to catch Girl's 4A ..but good luck to all..hope both sides have a safe trip..and perhaps I'll see some of you that stick around for Saturday's matches..

yadda yadda yadda..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks dude

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
The West Ashley Wildcats would like to announce their final stop on the "Doin It the Hard WAy Tour '05" which will take place at 7:00pm tomorrow night, Friday 5/13/05, at Stone Stadium in Columbia against Fort Mill High School, the top ranked 4-A school since the begining of season play. West Ashley emerges from a cut throat playoff series of one goal wins, their girls beaten and battered by combat, to face this new northern opponent. One thing is known in advance, tommorow night there will be a new reigning 4A champion. The team that wants it more will go home with it. Let the Tour roll on...

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that a few days have passed, and some tensions somewhat deflated, I wish to state that I witnessed a wonderfully played, coached, AND "Ref-ed" game. JI came out as a well oiled machine (with guns blazing), but WA whose team play was very good, had a few key players that made the difference. Personally, I would have prefered JI to be playing tonight, but I'm proud that a Lowcountry team will be represented at the State Championship.

Just a side note, after an entire season of attending JI games, my puppy was "busted" by the same cops. For some reason, the very presence of some, "irrespective of species," seemed to be irritating to the brut squad. ???

goal
goal
Another note on the "stalling" comments - as I understand it, there are a couple different ways to stall - 1) attempting to keep possession of the ball as long as possible without actively going on the offensive, and 2) taking your time when you have a throw-in, corner kick, etc.

Regarding #1, one of the objects in soccer is to possess the ball, whether you are attempting to move the ball forward, or merely playing "keep-away." You cannot score if you don't have the ball - on the other hand, you can't win a game if you don't try to score, either.

Regarding #2, one of the great things about soccer is that the referee is the only person who keeps time. If he witnesses a player intentionally taking an excess amount of time to put a ball into play, he/she has the option to add time to the end of the “official” game time, i.e., Stoppage Time. Even though I was pulling for JI during the game, it appeared that the center ref added more than enough time to compensate for any “stalling” by the WA girls.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
The West Ashley Lady Wildcats announce the successful completion of their "Doin' It the Hard WAy Tour '05" in Stone Stadium late Friday night, 5/13/05. They would like to thank Richland Northeast (2-1), Summerville (1-0, OT), Wando (1-0, pks), and James Island (2-1) for pushing them to their limit over the last two weeks and helping them train for the toughest win of all over an excellent Fort Mill squad tonight (4-3, golden goal) in the State Final 4A match. GO WILDCATS: 3 state championships in 4 years was too much to expect, but you did it. And you were true to form, doin' it the hard way once more...

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bus rolled into WAHS at 3:15 AM. Tour over!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JOB well done ladies!! You guys played awesome in a 3 to 4 match. I'm so proud and as this season ended tonight it will replay in my head.I wish I would have step it up more for yall tonight but playoffs and lowerstate took a lot out of me. I wish the best of luck to WAHS next year and also lets keep the State Title in the Lowcountry!
GO CATS!!

~YOUR SENIOR KEEPER.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will,
You were at the game, but anytime a team loses a two goal lead in less than 20 minutes I think that the term "wheels falling off is applicable."I'm sure WA earned the goals but at that point the game should be on ice.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard