Print Thread
#4810 03/21/02 03:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was a close game but rv came out on top...2-1...this means rv has made some type of come back and taken their revenge on sumter and sv..."this leaves the lower state wide open"

#4811 03/21/02 03:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game from both teams, just outstanding. However I don't think either team has reached their peak yet. Should make for an even greater game if these two see each other in the state tournament.
I want to commit or congragulate really on the referees on an outstanding game. They never lost control of the game, and didn't let all the hype and excitement of a great rivalry get to them. No ref is perfect but these two are ones that all refs should try and model.
Its gonna be one heck of a tournament coming in May. [Big Grin]

#4812 03/21/02 08:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was a good game. i just wish it would have turned out the other way. rv played alot better this time in the midfield, and that made the difference. i just hope that that these 2 teams meet again in the playoffs. yeah, the refs did a good job of keeping control. werent many problems throughout the game. but it seemed like that one ref was afraid to blow his whistle when some guys got flat out trucked in the box.i know as a ref you hate to blow the whistle when something happens in the box, but you gotta do what you gotta do. especially when guys are getting flipped.

#4813 03/22/02 01:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a very good match and you have to give it up to RV they played a great game. SV struggled with injuries and players being sick. Overall the officiating was ok but again as in the first match a ref missed 2 calls that should have been pks. The first was claerly a hand ball in the box and the second was late when Seawell was hammered by two players as he had split them and was in on the keeper. I continue to be amazed at officials that trying not to be apart of the game give an advantage to the other team simply because they do not want to blow the whistle in the box. These two teams should meat again, hopefully both teams will be at full strength and maybe we can get a well officiated game.

#4814 03/22/02 02:25 AM
C
kick off
kick off
C
SV has some key injuries but it was more their lack of desire that did them in against RV. They did not play with the same desire as they did against RV the first time and Sumter. They will probably be more motivated against Dorman and Irmo. The good news for SV is that they can play a lot better than they have the last few games.
The ref did make a couple of no calls late but the team behind shouldn't expect to get those type of calls near the end. RV played well, played with desire, and deserved to win.

Link Copied to Clipboard