Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all honesty i wish all the coaches who were at the meeting would just get the balls to speak up and say what happened... Can it really be that hard or is there something to hide???

D
DDF Offline
kick off
kick off
D
I am just a casual observer, but it seems that the all region selections in every region needs to be revamped (some more than others). They seem to be popularity contest and/or without any clear cut criteria for selection. A coaches nomination at the begining of march for a plyer named two months later seems a little odd with roughly 2/3 of a season left to play. I know this happens in a couple of particular regions not sure about the others.

I would suggest going to a system across the board that allowed every player that started to recieve an opportunity for consideration by position with 2-4 slots at each position. I would also suggest official stats for more than just goals and assist for the field players, and require they are not kept by JV players on the sidelines. (god bless those girls for volunteering to do it, BUT!!) I know of 4 players in the state 3A and 4A that are recieving interest from D1 schools but didn't even make, their respective region, all region teams. That certainly says something about the process of selecting the teams.

Across the board I would go to a criteria based qualification to be selected for all region and all state and move away from the nomination based format, it leaves far too much room for political manuvering and firendship building.

Another area of concern for the young women especially is the club link. Yes it is great to have clubs that develop the athletes further and are supporting of high school teams, but what they do with their clubs shouldn't be considered in these selections (for some it is obvious that was the case) though colleges keep an eye on the clubs, the school coaches have the lead in promoting the players etc.... and coaches should take an active role in doing so from an objective point of view, and not be forced to nominate a player 1/3 of the way into the season.

OK just one individuals observation I welcome any correction on what I percieve to be happening.

R
kick off
kick off
R
coaches at meeting wont speak up because they know what thye did best left in dark. at least worst thing didnt happen lex coach getting anything. total moron

World Cup
World Cup
All coaches are morons. We should scrap them all and start over. Who is with me?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like there is a lot of bashing on Coach Fryland and Coach Shrum? Why? These are both 2 individuals that have a lot of integrity and can coach the game of soccer.

World Cup
World Cup
Kids know everything, SC. Back off before they come after you!

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Some of you know the 5 players that were selected from Lex? There is absolutly no way you could leave any of these girls off the all region team. Actually 6 girls were selected from Lex, Sam Decker there sweeper, who was voted there most valuable player this weekend at there Sports banquet, was also nominated, but not selected. Now if the Lexington coach had not shown up for the meeting "due to a club committment" then it would have been possible that a couple of these players would have been left off. So leave Lex. coach alone and put the blame where it is due. Actually just let it go. If any one got shafted it is Lexington's sweeper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truefan~ you have some what of a point but i think there are girls from other schools that should have been on the list too that were nominated but not selected!

R
kick off
kick off
R
truefan u dont know what your talkign about; there better players in region. your the one that took the shot at your own player last year a lex player who was a cheer leader last year right & this year dissed your own players playing club, what a loser

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard