A
wow a little harsh are we?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meghan Wetzel should so be in the all-region team....she got SCREWED!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is utterly amzaing that White Knoll managed to get four people on the all-reagion team as to S.Aiken's two...what in goodness name was going on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone who saw Aiken girls play more than me tell me that Meredith Few played that good to make All-Region? I am not disagreeing, just wondering. I know she is an All-State golfer. I do agree that Megan Wetzel probably should have been All-Region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen Aiken girls play and the Few girl is simply fast not very skilled. You have got to be kidding me Wetzel is not on the all-region team... i bet she is gonna crap a brick when she sees this, i would. Keep your game up kid u deserved to make it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really... what does it take to make "all-region" in Region 4? Someone should clue the rest of the soccer world in on this!!!

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
quote:
Originally posted by r4sc:
lex scored goals versus s aiken but s aiken scored back and lex didnt stop pks & lex let 3 easy in against dorman & couldnt stop 1 forward formation or corners and these r co-players of year? more nonsense. i saw lex play 2 times and saw games last year and offense was better defense still sux in hard games. did any lex offense players make it other than s bigbe again. no. more nonsense

r4sc,

Just to clear up a few misrepresentations in the statement above. Kira Campbell (leading goal scorer on the team), Alicia Keel and Shannon Bigbie are all offensive players for Lexington (that's 3 of 5), and I am sure they appreciate your compliment. I consider South Aiken to be a hard game for Lexington. Lexington shut out South Aiken this year. No one else has been able to hold South Aiken scoreless since Coach Dutcher arrived there last year. That list includes Fort Mill and Mauldin among other fine programs. Lexington also blanked Wando and Brookland-Cayce this year (most people consider these to be hard games - BC scored 5 on SA). I do however agree that the Lexington defense was very suspect in the Dorman game. But it took place more than a week after the voting was over.

Coach Dutcher couldn't make it to the meeting, things happen. So who from South Aiken went in her place? Do they have any assistant coaches? JV coach? Athletic administration at the school? Was South Aiken boycotting this meeting? If so, why?

To my amateur eyes Meghan Wetzel is a fine player. Was Coach Johnson at the meeting? If so, what does he say?

P.S. Hurst66, Blind ol Ref, Erica appreciates the kudos.

World Cup
World Cup
It has just been confirmed, r4sc is an idiot. How dare you bring the character of kids and coaches out on a message board...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuse me, but yes mr. Johnson was at the meeting. I guess he just didn't feel one of his players deserved it. If someone knew coach was not attending I think something would have been done. I believe she said the meeting time changed without her knowledge.

C
goal
goal
C
We played 3 of the 5 teams named up there and South Aiken should have had more players. I suspect they pick the All-Region by position and not the over-all best players. So you could have a very talented player playing a new position or multiple positions for a team and has no chance of making All-Region or All-State. And if your coach doesn't show up then the other coaches will push their own agenda and not the regions.

Now in defense of the coaches. We played 3 out of the five teams and other than players I know outside of soccer I couldn't name you any players without someone helping me to place a name with the player that I remember.

They should really have the coaches fill out a ballot after every game, including non-region games, naming the players they thought had the most influence in the game, notice I didn't mention by position. That way a player gets a look from a full slate of coaches and not just a few games and those few games I am sure the coach is really trying to win and not thinking about players for an all-region team. Then they just add up the votes and select the team. And give the top vote getter the player of the year.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard