Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#48362 05/09/05 09:01 PM
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Tomorrow night Riverside will meat Eastside for the third time this season. This time it will be for the 3A Upstate Title. From some of the earlier readings on this message board, it is obvious many people take this rivalry very seriously. Before the game gets started, I wanted to say some things about both teams. My daughter goes to Riverside, so naturally I hope they win. Having said that, this will be a very tough game for both teams. Either team could win if the other one makes a mistake. The important thing here is both teams have excellent players who are also wonderful young ladies. I know many of the girls on the Eastside team and know they are super girls. And, of course, I know Riverside has super girls too. As much as I want Riverside to win, I hope the fans, parents and friends, show the same respect for each other that the players do. It would be nice to see all the fans yelling positive things during the game. Lets all show we can be a class act during what will be an excvellent exhibition of soccer. These two teams deserve that sportsmanship. The ladies on these two teams know each other pretty well. That is one thing that makes this game so tough on both teams. I wish both teams a good game and will treat both teams with respect when the match is over.

Congratulations on getting to the Upstate Finals

#48363 05/10/05 01:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You couldn't have said it any better...if 1960 is your birth year...that is why you are so classy:)

#48364 05/10/05 01:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should a great game . Most likely a 1- 0 game with the team capitalizing on a mistake or the one that finds a lttle luck to secure the win. I believe the last 7 games have been 1-0 victories coming in the last few mins. or in OT.
Congratulation to SRs. Wampole, Turner, Pollard, Shockley, Escobar,Hughes, and Woodbury, Cirillo, Davis, Jenkins,Rankin,all which had super soccer careers. Hope I did not leave anyone out
Out of Context I would like to thank Olander11 for his great and positive post on Eastside soccer over the past 2 years. His post on march 9th under 3-8 scores was quite possibilty the best explanation on why I fell in love with the game.
Look for Riverside to set the tone and style of game ( agressive and challenging) and Eastside to set the pace ( fast with long balls to the outside.
Congratulation again to Terry and Andy for running 2 of the finest teams in the state.
I am certain that it will be quite a game and the winner will be the odds on favorite to capture the state even with 5 BC girls on the all state team.

#48365 05/10/05 02:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ps Reeder

#48366 05/10/05 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is kick off ?

#48367 05/10/05 02:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
700 pm at Riverside

#48368 05/10/05 07:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be an amazing game no doubt! Hope the rain holds up! We will look for a synopsis of the game tomorow and i wish the best of luck to these two great teams.

I do wish luck to both but i do believe Riverside will be able to pull out the win once again. Just a prediction!

#48369 05/12/05 03:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-0 eastside. as everyone predicted and history shows, a 1 goal game. awesome game, well played by both teams which have awesome players.. however one would think eastside would win before the game because of riversides cockyness. always comes back to bite you.

#48370 05/12/05 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Riverside Alum and former lady warriors player,i tend to get extremely excited about the rival between riverside and eastside. of course favoring riverside in every game i definately have to give it to eastside last night. not taking anything away from my former teammates and friends on the lady warriors at all. eastside is an extremely strong team with speed and some really good skills! thats the best part about this rivalry is that both teams have some of the most top notch skills in the state. sitting in those stands last night just shows how much those juniors and seniors have improved since playing with them their first years of high school. the seniors on the lady warriors are beyond superior. their maturity and classy attitude shined so much last night. they left more then 100% on that field and they should definitely hold their heads high for a great run and a great season. Good luck to those seniors who are going off to play in college and who are ending their soccer careers, you had a great run at riverside and the reputation that you left is something quite amazing to live up too. you made it a pleasure to play with yall when i was on the team and i think that i speak for a lot of the recent players also. thank you for keeping the team as a family and trusting the new girls. i could go on and on, on how amazing i think everyone of you girls are and how much you girls mean to me. I can’t wait to hear how riverside does in the future with such great players they have right now and will be getting. #10 you are definitely a stud on that field, great job! both templers-keep up the great work ladies, haley your gonna get it next year i know i girl i love you!!! robino-keep up the amazing work keep your head high my former pony player! [Wink] Delap~ you are also a stud, having to come in after Lauren Heos and Katie Heos is pretty hard but you have definitely shown who you are and that no one is going to step into your box without having trouble. the other girls i dont know..You girls are a very impressive team and it was a pleasure to watch you girls play… to the girls I played with blue shorts forever! Wampole, Turner, Pollard, Shockley, Escobar, Hughes, Buchannan, Robinson, Cassidy great job ladies and smile because you have something to be proud of! I love you girls!
Best of Luck Eastside on Friday! Thanks for putting on a great show on tuesday.
yessir~ you must be an eastside fan with the comment that you made about riverside being cocky, and im not saying this just because i am a riverside fan, but from playing on that team, those captians and seniors wouldnt dare let those girls get cocky about a game like that, but go ahead and make comments because those girls know that if they even tried to be cocky about an eastside game much less upstate finals game, that one of those seniors or other teammates would step right up and shoot them down befor they even made if half way up! so next time don't make a comment like that unless you are 100 percent positive its true.

#48371 05/13/05 04:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am 100% positive. each girl painted with window paint on their car stuff about the game. normally this wouldnt be strange or anything new.. with stuff like "lets go girls" or "good luck so and so".... but the stuff they had painted... "unstoppable" "cant be beat" "going back to state" "2 years in a row" blah blah.. they were too cocky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard