Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#48464 05/12/05 05:33 PM
world cup
world cup
dhunter, that's very funny.

I nominate Ms. Kistler as the "poster girl" for the elimination of excessive heading drills in practice. (simply making a "funny" here, no disrespect to Ms. Kistler who I'm sure is a very nice young lady).

#48465 05/12/05 08:02 PM
D
goal kick
goal kick
D
i will disagree with bozladyvp that the refs did an awesome job. the head ref was inconsistent all night, he called soft fouls on dreher all night while usally not calling them on bc. the lady side judge was also bad. she missed a couple offsides and out of bounds calls for both teams. When offsides is not called once all night something is wrong with the refs. bcs first goal was off a very questionable foul right after a similar foul was not called on BC.

#48466 05/12/05 08:12 PM
Goal
Goal
Being unbiased with no allegience to either tema, I'd like to add that I thought the officiating was poor as well. My daughter even commented that it was bad and that the lady looked overwhelmed bythe level of the game. There were several calls that would be made against one team and two minutes later not called on the otehr. I think the better team won, but it was not a pretty game to watch with lots of fouls and just kickball going on. The champoinship will be good though and I'm pulling for BC since their from town.

#48467 05/13/05 02:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is so easy to see fouls from our seats in the stands....and yes, there were some calls that were questionable, however, the refs controlled the game. They did not let it get too physical, called soft fouls against both teams to extreme at times...and yes missed some out of bounds. BC did get have an offside, I think? With the pressure of this game and the level of play, they did much better than most of us could to be fair. Honestly, I couldn't run up and down the field once, and they all 3 ran a lot!

#48468 05/13/05 03:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kistler is small, but like Shakespeare said, she is fierce. I have watched her grow into quite a feisty player...knowing where to be at the right time...and she didn't hesitate for a second when she went into BC's sweeper and got the wind knocked out of her!

#48469 05/13/05 03:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bozladyvp,

See you, penguin, heise, and the rest of the gang tomorrow. Going to the early game? Keep those rain showers away. Aren't we all supposed to be in bed to rest for the activities tomorrow?

#48470 05/13/05 03:19 PM
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Bozlady: Yes and, unfortunately,one of those poor calls resulted in a free kick and goal for BC. So to say that the refs did an AWESOME job would certainly be inaccurate from a Dreher fan's perspective.

Peguin Fan: FYI,Dreher did not display its best soccer either but I give BC credit for that.

Aside from this, a few "well dones": Great free kick by Mallory Phillips. If Dreher had gotten the same call and one of our girls had made that kick, I would have been thrilled. Mallory Phillips also made some great plays defensively, too, running back and rescuing BC from some dangerous situations on more than one occasion. Latoya Dixon played a great game, too, for BC. As for Kistler, she displayed the heart and determination she has all season. Keep it up, Kistler!
Although, it hurts to lose what turned out to be a winnable game, BC has certainly proven itself over the course of the season and is a deserving representative of the lower state. Congratultions to them and good luck.

#48471 05/14/05 04:11 AM
goal
goal
Yes, good luck to the Lady Bearcats this afternoon! Alot of hard work and determination has brought you this far, now finish it, for lower state and Region V!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard