Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
What are the rules when it comes to putting up signs, banners, etc or noise makers, etc. at Stone Stadium? In 2002 and 2003 they only allowed balloons in the stadium and allowed signs outside before you entered into Memorial stadium.

World Cup
World Cup
More on this tomorrow, but I know that artificial noisemakers and "hanging" signs are NOT permitted.

We'll post more about this on Thursday!

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Thanks for the post. Do I understand correctly that you can make signs and hold them, just not "hang" them? Please clarify tomorrow when you "post more".

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Kevin,

Can you post the rules for "spirit" items for the stadium? Can fans hold signs? Balloons are OK, correct? Would appreciate it.

World Cup
World Cup
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe signs that are to be held are allowed, but not to be hung. Balloons are fine. The "noisemaker" issue is moot -- only band equipment (trumpet, drum, etc.) is allowed.

I'll try to find out at our HSL meeting this morning, but no guarantee I can get back here to post the information.

World Cup
World Cup
NO SIGNS of any nature are allowed in the stadium per HSL. NO noisemakers -- including band equipment will be allowed either.

world cup
world cup
Can we bring our lungs? Most of the noise that I am able to muster up in the stands generally starts out in my lungs.

World Cup
World Cup
Certainly one of the Eastside boys parents brought his lungs to the game on Saturday in the 3A final. Geeeeessssshhhhh! Give it a rest Leather Lungs.

I promise you he commented on everything in the first 60 minutes until finally we had to address the situation.

I heard one official comment after the game, "We're staying for the Irmo/South Aiken match to yell at the coaches after having that guy yell at us the whole match." It was fairly comical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They allowed one very obvious hanging sign, and people standing by it. Wonder why.....

World Cup
World Cup
The HSL informed the SCHSSCA all week that banners, signs, and such would NOT be allowed into the stadium -- no questions!

We proposed that the signs would add to the atmosphere of the games as long as it did not obstruct any views to spectators or people working the event.

Roger Hazel, SCHSL soccer liaison, decided on Friday night at the games to alter this policy which was unbeknownst to anyone working the event. This was not communicated to the SCHSSCA until the two West Ashley ladies told us that Hazel had given them approval.

We hope that signs of good nature will be allowed next season at the finals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard