Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
World Cup
World Cup
Good question. Again, I should have specified. My comments were directed towards D-IA programs and those on the high school level. Somewhere in the mix D-1AA schools get screwed in comparable travel expenses without comparable gates/television rights/trademark earnings.

This argument is completely beyond the rules of begin fair. Your time and preparation, valid points, and rational thought exceed my resources. I'm suing you over violation of Title XIX--All posters shall compete on equals grounds of intelligence and research.

You have to fight in my yard now.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Don't forget the biggest cost shift in women's collegiate soccer:

It's not the money going from the men's football program to women's soccer. It's tricking the colleges into signing your daughter (or son) to play for them and then having the school cover all the expenses that you've had to pay out of pocket (club fees, tournament fees, travel costs, uniforms, new cleats, camps...) for the last 10 years.

lpaf

World Cup
World Cup
Alas, a new twist...

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
the other thing to remeber here is that few if any players get the FULL RIDE. Womens programs are ALLOWED 12 full scholarships by NCAA but that doesn't mean the school is REQUIRED to fund the program at that level. Any coach should be asked how many he has and how well he expects his funding to hold over next five years.

If the coach has 24 on the roster and he's fully funded, he still only has 1/2 scholarship per player. Unless you are the second coming of Mia Hamm a full is not likely. Rather coaches will work athletic money in conjunction with other wards available from the school and try to get close overall. You may end up at near full ride but its not likely all athletic dept funding.

An interesting side note (which I beleive is still the case) - if you are on a full ATHLETIC scholarship you are not allowed to have a job and earn extra money - you've probably heard this lament in the football context. If you are on a less than full ride - even as much as 95%, this NCAA restriction doesn't apply.

F
kick off
kick off
F
The odds get smaller too when we only get 7 games to play. This is exactly why a lot of players are leaving and crossing the boarders

Brace
Brace
FMFAN - That may be true in the Charlotte suburbs, but I don't see any Charlestonian kids crossing the "border" to play for Georgia or NC teams (or the Atlantic either, while we're on borders). Can someone state if there are Holy City players opting for other states?

B
throw in
throw in
B
FMFAN have to agree with the 7 games problem; being from Columbia we can't even do the state exodus solution. Hope all your club members have written Cothran at SCYSA gscsl@charter.net and tell him how pleased you are with his schedule. If enough people complain maybe they get the message.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard