Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
goal
goal
C
Just wondering since I was going to have to buy an $10 t-shirt, that she will probably never wear, from the tournament, pay to enter the tournament and have to pay to get in the gate. So this will be a $30-$40 tournament per player at least.

World Cup
World Cup
Why wouldn't your daughter wear a T-Shirt from a tournament she participated in?

Why do you, as an individual, have to pay for an entry fee? Doesn't Chapin HS cover this expense? Might I suggest a fundraiser of some sort if money is tight for the team.

Tournament passes will probably cost in the neighborhood of $10 to view all matches, but you could pay per game if you wish at the gate.

Also, don't forget the concession stand, which will be open for the event.

Amazingly, things cost money like officials, paint, field maintenance, programs, etc.

C
goal
goal
C
It wouldn't bother me if you hit me at once with the fee, but I feel like I am being nickeled and dimed to death. I always have to find an ATM on the day of the games to pay for myself and my wife to go to the games, which is $20.00 for my family.

I pay for the entry fee through the $50.00 I have to cough up for Atheletic fees from the school. So I am paying for it one way or the other.

My daughter has about 500 tournament shirts over the years and her size hasn't changed in the last 6 years. So unless you have a special color or a very cool logo on it she doesn't really want it. But I HAVE to buy it no matter the product.

I understand completely that things cost money and that you ARE using this as a fundraiser. I know you aren't doing this at a zero profit. I just wish you would could up with one cost for the team and force the coach to come to us and ask for the money if need be. I am a one price type of guy and feel cheated when people try to sell me something at a lower rate just to get me in the door and then tack on extra fees after I commit to the item.

I have no problem with the concession stand because I can take it or leave it. I am not forced to buy a hot dog and drink when I walk through the gate.

T
kick off
kick off
T
CD--The Viking cup costs $300....this one(BC's) is only $250...a $50 discount...dont know about t-shirts however?

Brace
Brace
so Kyle should just change the tournament entry fee to $890?!?! With your $890 entry fee, your program receives entry into the Tournament ($350), 18 t-shirts ($180) and 2 tournament passes for each of 18 players ($360). Is that better? Everything is included in the initial price.

The only problem with this is that no program will ever look beyond the entry fee before choosing another tourney. The costs are listed and you can easily see what it will cost before attending, but that cost will scare every team away. Most likely you will be required to pay for the t-shirt ($10) and your tickets to the game. If I remember correctly, you can buy the "all game" passes for $10 or individual game tickets for like $5. So for $20-$30 plus whatever you do for meals, you get to see your daughter play 3 soccer games. I would bet that you pay $3-$5 for regular games anyway. Kevin and Kyle list all costs. It's not like you show up at the gate and have to pay an additional $30. You know there will be a charge for the games so I fail to see how that is "nickel and diming" you. There are no hidden charges with this tourney!!

I have completely enjoyed our two appearances at this tourney!! Hopefully Coach Bennage will sign us up again.

Brace
Brace
sorry, that should be $790. I had the tourney cost $100 too high.

World Cup
World Cup
Bluffton has now committed to the LBI. If two more teams are interested, then we will have an eight team field, but right now stand at six: 3A Bluffton; 3A Brookland-Cayce; 3A Chapin; Rocky Mount-NC; 4A Sumter; and 2A Swansea.

C
goal
goal
C
Jason,

When you figure 1.5 tickets per player then it comes to $700.00, which comes out to $40.00 a parent. But lets take a little closer look at the numbers. At $10 a t-shirt BC is making about $5 a shirt, so lets not give out a shirt and save $90, so now I am down to $33 a parent if they have 18 players. Coaches or Team Managers can collect that money from the parents or do a refund raiser for the entire cost.

I really have no problem with BC making money for their team by using this tournament. I think it is a great idea and support it completely. And I would have never opened my trap if it wasn't for the T-Shirt REQUIREMENT. The tickets at the gate don't bother me that much because it is still a choice. I can choose to go or not go, my choice. I personally have only missed 3 games in my daughters entire club and HS career but I do have a choice. The $250 tournament fee again is not a problem because I made the CHOICE to pay Chapin $50 for Soccer Fees that could be used by the coach for such things. But I never had a choice in the t-shirts. I will be hit up for $10 and I never had a choice, it was taken away from me. I like living in America not China, where I have some freedoms of choice. If BC sold the t-shirts at the gate for $15.00 I would probably buy one if my daughter really liked them, but at least the decision would be mine and BC would have to make sure that the t-shirts are of good quality and have something appealing about them. Which is why I support the market economy.

One last note. Kyle's response also crawled under my skin. His last sarcastic comment about how I must be to stupid to fully understand the cost of things and trying to imply that they make nothing off this tournament.

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Chapindad -- Your last comment is why I don't generally respond to parents on this forum because I've often been told that I'm too direct, but, ... in your case.

Yes, this is considered a fundraiser by our athletic department and we are encouraged to host such events (LBI, Palmetto Cup, JV Preseason Tourney). However, those costs that were provided are real costs and have to be covered in order to make any profit.

The t-shirt "requirement" more or less developed about six years ago as a result of the experience of the Palmetto Cup. We would buy 200 t-shirts and have 100+ folks upset that we didn't have more to sell. Now we simply have each team purchase the 18 (as past experience indicates that most like the tourney t-shirt) and buy another 100 or so for general sale. That way we don't get "stuck" with $500 of unused/unsold t-shirts.

As for the Lady Eagles in the Lady Bearcat Invitational, Coach Rosier indicated that he wanted to attend and we welcomed Chapin. If this is not in your (or your daughters' best interest or values) then simply don't attend -- you have that choice.

Goal
Goal
Any word on weather or not RNE will participate?

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard