Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Goal
Goal
Why wasn't Dreher or Flora invited?

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Cola Fan - Simple! Dreher is in the same region and we're trying to avoid the possibility of playing opponents a third game (or four in the event of a tie-breaker) ... I know the obvious reply as well -- "How about Chapin?" ... Well, Chapin's head coach contacted us about the availability of participating in the tournament and we have it worked out that the only way the two could play is in a "third game" of the tournament ... Adding another region team would throw this out of kilt ... As for A.C. Flora, they had already committed to the Airport girls' tournament the same weekend. [Wink]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe you all let ChapinDad waste so much space on this topic...Kevin, you are fine with the T shirts...and if it is principle, he isn't paying anyway, directly...and find a real "issue" to complain about...perhaps yell at your coach? Or your Boss?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like the match-ups should be a little more challenging...Swansea vs B-C???? Chapin vs Sumter??? It seems as though it will be Chapin and B-C in the final match.

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
We tried to keep B-C and Chapin from playing due to the fact that they are in the same region as explained above.

Also, that is a student holiday in our district and our girls had to play someone "local" in the opener in order to get the games in on time for Friday.

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Coach Patrick Sensiba of Rocky Mount (NC) has just informed me that they will be unable to attend the Lady Bearcat Invitational March 17-18 due to budget cuts in their district.

If any school is interested in taking their place (including their scheduled match times), please contact me ASAP at kheise@lex2.org.

goal
goal
Kevin Heise, I thought you were the boys coach. Do you also run the girls program? Seems you put as much time into their team as the boys. Very unusual.

P.S. Who the heck pulls out of a tourny this late??!!! Does this mean the fees are already paid, and a team can jump in cheap?

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Chuck -- I am the boys coach, but handle scheduling for the girls program as well as it makes it easier not to have scheduling mix-ups. We at BCHS are proud of our total soccer program and support each other in earnest.

As for the LBI tourney fee -- no it has not been paid, sorry. The tournament offers a great opportunity for a team to play some really good and diverse competition in the middle of the regular season.

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Just bumping this up looking for a replacement of Rocky Mount (NC) for the LBI.

Brace
Brace
just reminding everyone to try the chili dogs at The Cage when you attend the Lady Bearcat Invitational.

Kevin, if you are unable to find a replacement, would you consider entering the B-C girls JV team like Spring Valley did to reaplace Hartsville who had to replace Dutch Fork.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard