Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#49662 02/08/06 05:39 AM
World Cup
World Cup
The SCHSL sets rules promoting equality, and punishes programs that do not follow these. They do not make personnel recommendations to districts-only serving out suspensions to players and coaches over the season that violate the standard.

I also believe Foxfan, although very respectful and calm with his choice of words, is wrong. Not in his views of the situation or opinion, those are understandable. But I do not think it is dignified in the field of rhetoric to bring in personal feelings about a coach's approach during a discussion of ethics. It seems like a poorly hid attempt at scratching an old vendetta that has been built over time.

Now, if you could explain how your experiences with the afore mentioned coach displayed previous examples of ethical misjudgement...that would turn my accusations of "kick him while he is down" into an immediate apology addressed to you.

#49663 02/07/06 08:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking anonymous attacks at a person who has dedicated his life to promoting and teaching the game of soccer as well as the integrity of the individual human being's character and worth, speaks volumes about your own character. For all those reading this, please understand that most of these views expressed on this forum are done so by people who are bitter, resentful, and have an axe to grind. They do not reflect the way 98% of those who have all the facts feel, nor do the people posting their opinions know the coach in question the way that I and many others do. I have met few people in my life that I admire more than Coach Bo, and I strongly believe that he in no way consciously and deliberately violated any HSL rules. Those are the real facts.

#49664 02/07/06 10:55 PM
Brace
Brace
I didn't konw that Coach Sylvia had gone to Dutch Fork, but having played them years ago I always thought it was interesting how Hilton Head was able to succeed in boys soccer back in the 90s. Now I think I know. The FIVE is actually SIX (being preseason practices). [Eek!]

#49665 02/08/06 02:31 AM
S
bench
bench
S
DF already had two of the practices taken away to account for the two days of the camp. And for the people who want to put their two cents in from last year, need to reconsider because the team has changed a lot. And you can't knock a coach when it's his first season with a brand new team and think that that's how it will always will be.

#49666 02/08/06 11:57 AM
World Cup
World Cup
FoxFan, there is a reason your are a ***** rated poster. Very classy in distinguishing between the two.

#49667 02/08/06 01:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to apologize for some of my posts yesterday. While I understand that what was posted has already been read by many, I really wish I hadn't taken a shot at Coach Bo. He doesn't deserve that. I have deleted those posts so as to not encourage others to "pile on".

He has dedicated his life to teaching and coaching our children and is passionate about both. As a coach, he teaches more than just the technical and training aspects of the game. He teaches young men and women to be better people, utilizing a multi-dimensional philosophy known simple as "The Five". Players who train under this system are better for having been through it. They are better for having played under Coach Bo.

I do not have all of the facts of this particular situation and never will. Reacting to rumor, innuendo and gossip, I lashed out at the only person who I thought could reasonably be blamed. While that is ultimately what makes a message board "fun", it doesn't make it right. I might not have agreed with everything that occurred on the team last year, but I know that it was never personal. A coach has to put up with a lot of crap from a lot of people, not the least of whom are whiny parents who complain about playing time. Shame on me.

I'm sorry to have used a very public forum to air my frustration. The people behind the scenes at DF know what happened, they have consulted with the High School League and they have laid down a punishment for the team and the coach. I respect that because I respect the people making those decisions.

Bo, I am sorry for what you are going through now. I know that no one feels worse about it than you do. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the season. Go Lady Foxes! Beat Irmo!!

Now, I will begin a self imposed exile from this place. Perhaps I will retreat to an isolated village in the jungles of Panama to await the return of "las futbolistas de Dutch Fork" in 2007.

#49668 02/08/06 02:59 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
..this would be exactly what I was talking about.

#49669 02/08/06 03:06 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
How can there be no one responsible for this? Whether it happened knowningly or not (though that's pretty hard to imagine).

WHAT HAPPENED?!

#49670 02/09/06 04:05 PM
coach
coach
The girls still should not have to suffer the punishment. How has the coach been punished?

#49671 02/09/06 04:55 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Yes. They made him read your last 24 post. They said it nearly drove him mad...

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard