Next Thread
Print Thread
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Quote:
Originally posted by morpheous

A thread was just killed because of several members caring more about another members website for his new soccer related business...than what he has to offer. Normally I could care less. But, the new Island Youth Soccer Academy that Matador has just opened in Charlotte (Indian Trail actually)....deserves much better!!!
I have a son that plays U11 Classic A. Over the past 4/5 years he has had good training from his coaches, camps, and several "1 on 1" sessions with fairly high profile trainers here in the Charlotte area.
NONE have close to what Bryan is delivering at his new facility!
By the way, I have no financial interest in this venture of Bryan's (nor did I even know Bryan, before taking my son in to start his training).
Bryan's combination of several years of professional soccer(futbol) in S. America and Europe...and his sincere love of the game...make this Academy a very special place for our kids to really evolve into all they want to be soccer wise.For $35 or $50 per month...12 month or 6 month committment...you can take your child in for training conditioning AS OFTEN AS YOU/YOUR CHILD WANTS!!! My son has trained at Bryan's facility twice so far...I and my son already see where this going! The drills are just a little different...just a little harder. Many more reps (1.5 to 2 hour sessions) of everything. But, the conditioning that Bryan is doing with him...is what seperates this from all other training we've had!
At least 50% of the workout that Bryan has my son doing is extremely cardio...it's great...the kids do not get this in normal training at all (a few wind sprints at the end of practice...lol). I played BBall, Baseball through high school. Basketball, like soccer...If you don't have your legs/lungs still under you in the 2nd half (cause you are just not in great cardio shape)...you are not only going to be less effective...you will get beat by the kid that still has gas in his tank!!!
To conclude, Island Youth Soccer Academy...and Bryan (Matador)...
are offering the programm to the Charlotte area kids and parents...that will maximize our kids potential in the sport we all love! He also instills in them a love for the game.

Response by 2nd poster:

You have your 11 year old do 50% cardio in their soccer workout? Glad you're not my Dad. Very extreme. Technical, technical, technical, technical. That should be your focus. Wait til puberty hits before you start working so hard on the stamina. Now, if the so called "cardio" comes along with the technical training, that's a bit of a different story, but 1.5-2 hours on an individual training is extreme as well. Get it done in 45 minutes to an hour and be done. If this guys has time to spend 2 hours with each pupil, he's not getting a lot of business.

J
world cup
world cup
J
..personally.

I think we do a much better job of insulting and degrading eachother.

But that was still a quality read.

C
goal
goal
C
I agree. We insult much better. Very funny. Thanks Hurst66....

Link Copied to Clipboard