Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
david cole.....socastee

Goal
Goal
Is that the freak with all the hair I saw down in Charleston during February? If so, that kid cares more about Pert shampoo than soccer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think russell vedder from newberry should get some outstanding credit on this one he is the top goal scorer on our team and has one of the hardest shots i have seen in college and high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of the hardest shots in college? u must watch a lot of north greenville college (NGC) soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LANCASTER has some top players. Since we play a harder region we sometimes get overlooked. FORWARD: Danny Pearson; MIDFIELDERS: Robert Yoder, Jon Simpson; DEFENDERS: Robert Brasington,Eliot Boyd, Willie Moore; KEEPER" Rob Williams. These are the seniors that do what they can against the likes of Sumter, RNE, Spring Valley, and Dutch Fork. Check 'em out sometime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top players i have seen play: Taylor Rowe, from D.W. Daniel AND Eric Forbes, from Seneca

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nah sobe i play at the college level as a keeper so i would know what i am talking so dont knock what you dont know about. but you are just being ignornant so i will pay you no attention since you probaly dont even play soccer anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not that my opinion counts really, but i would have to say me! not really, that was a joke, the best dude i have ever seen play soccer would either have to be that dude walker from AC Flora or number nine from L-E. those kids can play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I have marked Walker the past few years (this year only for a few minutes - I moved up to midfield) and the guy from L-E you are talking about is Gerardo Gomez and I have been playing against him for 3 or 4 years as well. They are both very good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really haven't seen much to compare him with, but that # 4 kid for sumter controls the whole field when he's on it.....and his team mate #6
might get some consideration if he wasn't the worst sport I've ever seen in my entire life.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Yeah those two could definatley play with anyone in the state. Very good soccer players. It would be a terrible mistake if Gerrado was over looked for the South team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some of the best players in the state are forbes from seneca, eggert from riverside (i think thats how you spell it), smith from BE, and theres a lot more. but those guys are good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lester, you are right, number four from sumter is the worst sport i have ever seen. but, him and number six are still very good. but that whole sumter team is all juniors and will be even better next year. there are also very good players for crestwood, like chris baines,(4) and some others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell em, steve-dave

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best in AA that I have seen is Kurtis Evans from Edisto. He is the whole team, the coach basically says, "Kurtis outscore the other team." Russell Vedder at Newberry is great too, right up there with his brother. Smith from B-E is awesome. The AAAA guys don't really get to shine, b/c there is so much talent around them. Ben Lippen has a Chinese Forward that is awesome as well. Chapin's sweeper is great too, can't forget the defender's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I go with smith from BE, with the short forward (not the sweeper) from Chapin right behind him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even though I hate the guy(and his team), you have to give him and his team their props: the one-armed bastard from Sumter, Jeffrey, is one of the best players I've seen. He's quick as hell and can score from about anywhere on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that kid from sumter is good, but he is not one of the best in the state. He never did anything special against my club team. There are alot better in the state

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know who's played Marlboro County, but they have this Jett Lei lookin' kid who is off the chain. The teams not that great, but this kid's got skills.

HOLLA AT A PLAYA!!!

goal kick
goal kick
Tyler Hollingsworth, from Pendleton, can really dominate on the field. He's fast, and he's got moves that will take you to school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isnt it interesting that out of all of these players that have been mentioned, hardly any of them are playing college soccer? If anyone, it should be john cooper or eric forbes. I would also like to add that the caliber of players is much better in upperstate than it is in lowerstate, for whatever reason. there is one exception, though. those of you that say john eggert is a good player, think again. that kid has size and strength, along with the moves that an eight year old knows how to pull off better than him. anyone that isnt scared to face up to him can defend him with ease. sorry john thats just the way it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jabari Seabrook from BC is awesome. He's probably the fastest soccer player in high school in SC, and he's got skill. He's had something to do with almost every goal BC's gotten this year, whether it be scoring it himself, getting the assist, or just setting it up, he's an all around awesome player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of all the games I have seen this year (25-30) the two players from Ben Lippen impressed me the most #8 and #10. The Chapin defense is as solid as any in the state and are all probably worthy of All-State selections.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid from Ninety Six is pretty good. #3 I think, he plays right mid and the best crossing mid I have ever seen play. The kid can score to and a great clutch player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jabari Seabrook from BC is one of the best players i've seen in high school soccer by far. He is probably the fastest player i've ever had to defend. #9 from Lugoff was also a very good player. He was definately one of the best players i've seen. This kid from Newberry that they were mentioning sure didnt show anything when we played them. Newberry had talent but nothing that compared to anything like Seabrook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey coastalplayer.. if you think that an 8yr old could do the same skills as john egger..hmm youve got some problems i dont think so.. you probably couldnt do half the stuff he does.. i support riverside and i truely believe that yes john cooper is an awesome player and so is john eggert..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Cooper is the best player in the state case closed. Eggert has the skills of an 8 yr old? in traffic he can control the ball as good as anyone I've ever seen and when Coop's not around he is definately our go to guy. And who scored the winning and only goal in last year's 3A state championship? Oh yeah that's right, it was John Eggert. Think before you talk even though you made a good point about Cooper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the forward from L-E was pretty good...also Johnathan Coburn (#12) and Kyle Rabon (#9) from Airport play really well...Johnathan has awesome ball control and speed and Kyle is a great defensive player....Johnathan was named MVP of the White Knoll Tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant believe that Mike Lorick or maybe even Thomas Hughes havent gotten any recognition...Mike is at the Citadel and Thomas is probably goin there too...Mike has an extraordinary boot, he and Thomas were just made to score goals, both should be on all-state again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of the best players in sc, if not the best...is a stud named sepp stoner from irmo and his bro is a pimp too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the du, what have u been drinking? u have been drinking that malt haven't you, because u are talking nonsense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackguyatdawood, Hey the Marlboro county keeper is an athlete!! I just hope he is an underclass man and can get some coaching. He has shown a great attitude and made some incredible saves against my son's team. I would love to have a few years to coach him! He is TOUGH!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tomek Charowski is by far the best player in the state. He is only a sophmore and has already tried out for a pro team in england but opted not to play bc he wants to go to college. This summer he has been asked to go play soccer in Portugal so that he can try out for a pro team there. Watch this kid because he will be on TV in the future

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ryan griffan, Mac, Tony and RP from Myrtle Beach are the best players in the state Ryan and Mac are great forwards who desearve to be great players and Tony and RP have great touches on the ball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The #15 midfielder/forward from Dreher is unbelievable for a juniorhis size, and the #11 from Daniel is excellent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dreher's #15 is Eric Quave-Robinson. He does have great ball control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think the 2 stoner's are 2 of the best players in the state

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard that Eric Forbes and John Cooper are both attending Clemson to play soccer with them. Also the tall guy from Southside. Is this true? Can anyone fill me in on this? Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that travis craven guy from ghs is a great foward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are talking about jorge from Southside, i hope that kid is going to graduate because i am pretty sure that he has been playing varsity since i was in seventh grade(i am now a junior). One of their fans said that he was twenty one, anyone know if that's true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jorge is pretty freakin old. He played with st. giles u-18 two years ago. I dont know what is happening there. the truth? what is your name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIKE HOUDASHELDT....AIKEN HIGH....LEADING GOAL SCORER IN THE STATE.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had the pleasure of watching Socastee & Beaufort play last night. Finally the Braves looked like they have their stuff back.... I was really impressed with the play of a couple young sophomores, John Smyers & Drew Kiser, they are somewhat overshadowed by some of the other outstanding players on the team. I bet that they will be recognizable names in the years to come. Also. I'm picking the Braves to be the "long-shot" team in 4A. This may possibly be their season....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes- Eric Forbes and John Cooper are playing for Clemson next year- Congrats to them and good luck! They're both great players!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huuda 12, how many goals does that Mike guy have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I BY NO MEANS HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO SPEAK ON WHO MIGHT BE THE BEST SOCCER PLAYER IN OUR STATE BUT LET ME SAY HERE THAT I CONSIDER JABARI SEABROOK FROM BROOKLAND-CAYCE AN OUTSTANDING "BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER." ALONG WITH HIS TALENT ON THE FIELD HE ALSO IS A SOURCE OF PRIDE FOR BROOKLAND-CAYCE WITH HIS MANY OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY HIS "CHARACTER"--HE IS TRULY A GENTLEMAN!

Goal
Goal
quote:
Originally posted by STRANDFAN:
I had the pleasure of watching Socastee & Beaufort play last night. Finally the Braves looked like they have their stuff back.... I was really impressed with the play of a couple young sophomores, John Smyers & Drew Kiser, they are somewhat overshadowed by some of the other outstanding players on the team. I bet that they will be recognizable names in the years to come. Also. I'm picking the Braves to be the "long-shot" team in 4A. This may possibly be their season....

drew is a freshman but im sure he still appreciates the compliment [Big Grin]

J
world cup
world cup
J
I'll say again... Gerrado Gomez ended his senior year with 42 goals...don't know how many assists. He has the school record for goals with 100something. He also made the All-Region team and should have been the region all-star but of course got screwed over by politics. Walter Nickles from Flora got it...with only 17 goals...42 to 17 hmm... but its not that big of a shock. Also Gerrado was selected to play on the South team, in the North South game.

Another L-E player that deserves some recognition is Matt Harris. Ending his junior year with 39 goals, Matt was also named to the all-region team. And was in the mix to make the North-South team..but hes only a junior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys look over the only man i have seen in high school soccer this year take over a whole daniel team. Jay bracknell is w/o a doubt the most outstanding soccer player in the state. He plays soccer how it should be played, although not very big 1-2 touches with the ball is enough and b4 you know it there is a beautiful ball being played to an unmarked front runner. Jay is great, and he is very fun to watch, much less play against, he is one of those players who makes everyone play better!!! Best of luck to you in Division 1 Soccer Jay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to go with Laurence Smith from BE, all around great player, quick and fast (that would be two different categories), great ball skill and leadership. Very impressive kid (and a junior) I've seen him play forward and sweeper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jay b, jay o, ryan, and nelly are all straight ballers at greenville and i just feel sorry for our raiders in the future when we lose them. have fun in college fellas...but first lets bring home that ring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say it would be Steven Franke. He has had like 7 or 8 shut-outs and he also plays defense and is really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jay Bracknell is definetly one of the best players in the state. I have played with him for a while and if you ever watch a team play that he's on, you will know who he is right away. I had to mark him when we played Greenville and it sucked, anyway good luck in college Jay.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard