Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hurst what happened.....how does thast happen???

NO SC? Two of their top preformers have been SC kids.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Here's the current "Japanese" girl on the roster. She may be a fan of sushi but she probably doesn't need too much more Asian culture in order to feel at home.

http://www.winthropeagles.com/default.asp?section=17&type=player&id=639

C
goal
goal
C
Hurst,

I would have to go with a military brat on that one. Is that the same for the other player? The connection must be very close. Both have english names and from Okinawa, Japan.\

Chico,

I have learned from you that all SC players, except CESA players, stink including my daughter and none deserve to play college ball. So no comment.

Later

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Chapindad, I knew you would make the Okinawa connection. What I want to know is how come none of our Fort Jackson girls ever get recruited to play in Tokyo?

C
goal
goal
C
I blame it on the bad economy.....

S
coach
coach
S
Chapindad: Please don't be bitter...but if you must be bitter, please don't attribute things to me that I didn't say. You said the Smiths at USC were biased against SC players; I quantitatively showed you that they were not at least in relation to all other SC colleges. Now that the Smiths have so far recruited more SC players than anyone else that has announced, you should be happy with the Smiths/USC, right?

By the way, I also showed you quantitatively that there is relatively strong recruiting from the upstate and the lower state but not as strong a recruiting from the midstate. This isn't a criticism of any player; it's simply a measurable fact. But you guys are fixing that with CUFC. And you won the SCYSA decision. So why the bitterness?

Finally, I think your daughter is a very good player and have enjoyed watching her for years. I thought she was very good in the scrimmage the other night.

C
goal
goal
C
Chico. I try not to be bitter. I am so glad you where able to point that out because I must ave missed that somewhere. I will try and do better, so that I can meet your approval. It is so important to me.

I know I have given praise to USC and other programs that do recruit SC players. I posted a message last year about USC recruiting several SC players but then I was disapppointed when so many players left the program the following year.

For the record I stayed way away from your rants on the other forums and even made a slight joke with you the other day. And then you attacked me first in this forum. Maybe I am not the one that is bitter. Look to yourself and find inner peace...

S
coach
coach
S
Chapindad: I honestly didn't mean to attack you. I'm sorry if you perceive that I did. My request for comments concerning the lack of SC players going to Winthrop was honestly meant to be a general one (actually, a question soliciting comments to the first line of the Hurst66 post that started the thread) and not to attack you at all.

Goal
Goal
I do wonder why more SC players don't get a shot at the in-state schools. It seems that it would be in their best interest to find as many SC players that can play at that level as possible. I guess when they don't recruit SC players it just says that SC players cannot play on a regional or national level. That's sad, considering all the camps and such that the college teams push in this state!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard