Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#50143 03/05/06 10:12 PM
202677 Offline OP
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
[Mad] I've been to a half-dozen games thus far and the officiating seems to be worse this year than ever. What gives? and don't give me the old "come do it yourself if it seems so easy" line. The officials have wreaked so far. Hopefully it's preseason for them too!

K
throw in
throw in
K
Well, I would state my opinion here but I know a better alternative for you.

Here's four pages of posts on the same topic; 4 pages of posts from members that both agree and disagree with you: http://www.scsoccer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000925;p=1

But I wouldn't go as far as to say they're all bad... I know alot of good officials.

Brace
Brace
Being a ref, I would love to get assessed on a consistent basis and have the coaches grade at end of each game. Feedback is a great way to learn. Club reffing is falling into the same boat, and they have 3 per game.

goal
goal
202, ha, that is funny! Before I even read your post I practically put the same thing in another post! Your are correct.

and Import, you guys get feedback every game. I hear it from coaches, players, and the stands all the time. If you cant take that as feedback, well then.... you guys(and not particularly you) need to be better prepared physically and mentally. Too many fat ******* and too many "coach, not another word or you will get a card", yeah, I am soooo scared of your power!

K
throw in
throw in
K
I'm sure Import would love constructive feedback but there can be/is a big difference between the feedback some officials hear from the stands and contructive criticism.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To 202 AND Chuck,

Have you reffed? If the reffing is THAT BAD, then we NEED both of you reffing NOW!!!

I was watching a match and the fans (parents) started on the ref on their side with "HEY MAGOO!". Yes, the ref was wearing glasses. So play your money to watch and because this is America, you can yell at the refs and then post here on how bad they are.

Chuckie, did you know that coaches can ONLY give tactical instructions to their team? That if they tell the ref anything besides "Sub please", they are in the wrong.

Besides basketball, what other sport do you need to be in as good physical condition to ref? Baseball, softball, football, wrestling, swimming, track & field, tennis, cross - country are all sports where the refs do minimal movement, if there even are refs.

So all you anti-ref posters, the more refs that can be assigned, the less matches all the wreaky refs have to do. Be kind to your wreaky refs and start reffing. You 2 can make the same wreaky calls.

S
Goal
Goal
S
You know, I've been to some games this year and the quality of play seems to be worse this year than ever. What gives? and don't give me the old "come do it yourself if it seems so easy" line. The players have sucked so far. Thank God it's early in the season.

coach
coach
Ref bashing has, unfortunately, become a part of the game. Many parents and coaches come to games with the sole express purpose of intimidation and disrespect for the officials. I wish our state organization and HS league had a zero tolerance policy similar to this one in Boston:
http://www.bays.org/Downloads/BaysZT.PDF
http://www.kenaston.org/LAWS/LAW-Article-4.htm

B
throw in
throw in
B
On behalf of all my fellow referees I apologize for all the bad calls I have ever made, and will make in the future. 202 and Chuck you have complaints; now tell how do we solve the problem? I want to know how you are going to make reffing better.

The best thing about getting older is, along with getting blinder, my hearing is starting to go and I can't hear the fans anymore.

coach
coach
Blind ol,
If you can still see well enough to read the Zero-tolerance policy in Boston I posted earlier,what is your opinion on that? I think it would allow the players to play the game, without the outside interference of coaches/fans.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard