Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
goal
goal
1. Refs should know the rules. Read the handbook before every game to be prepared. Don't think becuase you went over it once you
know it all, you don't.
2. Get in shape! These are high school kids. When you hav a stinking belly and flabby tree trunk legs, you cant keep up. You are out of postition to make proper calls.
3. Instead of thinking you are supreme, speak to coaches at half or after a game and take some criticism, you aren't as good as you think.
4. JUST BE BETTER!!! Most calls are not difficult and there are at least 2 of you, someone needs to be a man and make the proper call.

Now, this does not apply to all of you. Some I respect highly you do a great job, kudos. But you are not the majority. You others, ha, your jokes.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Chuck,
I'm with you on this.

It's funny that we talk about refs taking contructive criticism. A few years ago, the high school refs invited a respected coach to the meeting. He went thinking they would be able to discuss some of the problems. Instead, it was really a setup to crucify all coaches. They raked this poor coach over the coals.

B
throw in
throw in
B
2004striker
My seeing-eye dog read the zero-tolerance policy and the accompaning article to me. It is a shame we may have to start doing this. Personally I have no problem talking to players, coaches, or fans after a match, but for safety reasons the High School League recommends all referees leave the venue together as soon as the match is over.

To all the ref bashers out there please read the first post of the Monday's Games thread to see where the game is headed.

coach
coach
http://www.bays.org/Downloads/BaysZT.PDF

Read it fans/coaches! This kind of policy is needed here too!

If the fans/players/coaches would just play and watch the game, and stop blaming refs for all your problems, there would be more people willing to get certification to ref. It is truly a thankless job, but I will not give it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sucker you were doing so good til that last post.

So when was the last time you saw a parent from a HS baseball game or Legion game thrown out for yelling "come on blue?" Does not happen. When was the last time you heard a HS basketball official yell back at the fans(and HS basketball gets it the worst)? You don't.

As a sport we are hampering ourselves by letting the thin skinned refs put us in bad situations time and time again.

Coaches get ripped on this board every day as do players and parents(esp ones who are BOD members) why should we lay off the refs?

goal
goal
2004, you are an official? No wonder you are so bad! Now I have a good reason to dislike you! hahahaha

World Cup
World Cup
I saw an official address a man in the middle school championship game in Anderson three weeks ago. So much for that point.

'04 wants the Ref bashing to stop. What is so wrong about that? Is it Christian to yell out "You suck ref!" Can anyone picture Christ doing that? I could see Him coaching a team to the state championship (little divine intervention), but not ripping a ref over a "poor call". That would explain why we need to lay off the refs. Now, a theory:

See She-Ra post
See Chunkster come to his side
See Chunkster post
See She-Ra come to his side
See She-Ra and Chunkster are the same poster

coach
coach
Shearer,Chuckie,
The next certification class is August 11. I will be glad to help you fill out the forms if the questions are too hard.
Also, consider this:
http://www.scref.org/SRA%20Notes.htm
But don't let it scare you away from signing up.

World Cup
World Cup
Oh, and about your quote. Several poster and I have laughed about it really hard...but not for the joke. Speaking about Chuck Norris in the 3rd person in one sentence and then switching it to the 1st person in the next something you should try to avoid.

Enter She-Ra stage left

"You suck blah, blah, blah! Why don't you blah, blah!"

Enter Chunkster stage right

"Bill, don't make me blah, blah, blah! You know you blah, blah, blah!"

goal
goal
Holy cow(no pun intended), did you really bring religion into this!haha As a jewish born muslim convert, I can actually say I can see christ doing that, but becuase of his poor english he wouold probably say something like "mr officail sir, suck you do"

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard