Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
K
throw in
throw in
K
quote:
Akorn, I am talking boys soccer. We all know girls soccer is in its own litle world(I sasid it before and will say it again..rolled sleeves, "I love you", and Sweetspots, yes they are real, look it up). And I am not speaking of ledudes red neck league either.
I can't help you play farm teams, but in the big cities we have real coaches.(your examples are ludicriuos and rare, so quit being a mules rear) don't know about the girls, but most of the boys teams have real coaches. Get a life Akorn.

One example, the Wando's or even the Lake Murray preseason tournaments. Now tell me that the coaches of those high caliber teams don't know the rules!

We wouldn't evaluate by stars, thats for little kids. Evaluations should be done with written explanations and should have no bearing on who officiates the finals.

Chuck,

First, at least if you want to talk just about 'Boys Soccer', make it to the right board. Unless I am completely mistaken, this is the Girls High School Soccer board so talk about Girls soccer is perfectly fine.

Second, just because someone lives in a big city does not, by any means, have an affect on the ability of the team's coach. I do not live in a big city at all, play on the Varsity Girls soccer team and I have a great coach (who, I might add, is a "real" coach... imagine that!)

And third, if you think Girls soccer is in it's 'own little world' that is all about "rolled sleeves, "I love you", and Sweetspots"... then you should stop by one of our practices sometime. I know quite a few girls that could put you on your own 'mules rear' in a second.

There are no coaches, players, parents, fans, or even officials that are perfect. Coaches will never be 100% accurate no matter how much they know the game of soccer and Officials will not make a perfect call everytime. I have to agree with William that your theory just wouldn't work. People, whether they mean to or not, will be biased to some degree at some point.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Gotta admit, Chuck, that comment about girls' soccer rubbed me the wrong way too. If you think these girls are defined by rolled sleeves, "I love you" and "sweetspots," you have a lot to learn about female athletes. I'd like to introduce you to a few.

I've known girls who have played through broken bones (inlcuding feet and toes), concussions, torn ligaments, and twisted backs. I've seen girls in conditioning who push themselves so hard they veered out of the drill, hurled their entire lunch into the nearest trash can, and kept right on running. We've practiced in heat, torrential rain, and even in ice when the rest of the school was sent home for a snow day, and the girls have been clamoring for more after many of the boys are begging to go home. I've seen them play and practice literally through blood, sweat, and tears, and many have stayed long hours pushing themselves after everyone else has gone home because they know they have much left to learn, and it means that much to them to get better, to prove themselves as athletes, to become more today than they were yesterday. These are the marks of athletes. They inspire ME to become more today than I was yesterday, and they are the reason I am on the field. "I love you," indeed...at the varsity level, these girls are tough and fearless...and this is one coach who has the bruises to prove it. So let's give our female athletes a little respect, shall we? Comparatively speaking...

Chuck Norris would have plenty of time to talk about how tough he is while he's sitting on the bench.

H
brace
brace
H
here is what i have seen 2 times already this year from the same ref.
there has been a hand ball in the box.after placing the ball at the spot of the hand ball which was 2 feet from the goal,he has lined both teams up in front of the goal.the goalie would have to stand inside the net.my kid plays club ball so she new and i asked her why doesnt she say anything.she said since her team is not taking the so called free kick she is glad to have hers and the opponets team in front of the net.both shots have been stopped.not so much because of the great play but because the girls dont have time to react when it is that close and the ball bounces off of them.there is so many leggs across that goal that pele couldnt get it in.
we also gave up a goal and since we have a team full of jv girls that have never played,once the goalie picked the ball up out of the net and kicked it out a couple of the girls started to play the ball and the ref let them go.

World Cup
World Cup
A football coach fill-in isn't going to know what he just missed on the evaluation form. That is why the afore mentioned "Coach Evaluation Theory" would not work. Soccer40 has supported my stance.

And to pick on girls soccer on the girls forum? Not only that, but to use the newly invented word "Ludicrious" in your argument is really wearing on your profile there, #1255.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Girls play soccer!!!! It's a team sport..They understand this and do it very well..Boys? I am still trying to figure out what they are doing on the pitch...I think I hear them whispering "It's all about me"

J
world cup
world cup
J
..everybody likes to take shots at the champ..until they step in the ring.

World Cup
World Cup
This post is in reference to 2004striker's observation of some legislation being submitted by a youth soccer referee -- Sports Officials and Coaches Protection Act.

H 3162 General Bill
By Duncan, M.A. Pitts, E.H. Pitts, Taylor, Anthony, W.D. Smith, J.M. Neal, Pinson, Hayes, Jennings, McGee, G.R. Smith, Wilkins, Vaughn, Young, Kirsh, Bailey, Battle, Witherspoon, Ballentine, Hinson, Mahaffey, Toole and Clark

Summary: Sports Officials and Coaches Protection Act

A BILL TO ENACT THE "SOUTH CAROLINA SPORTS OFFICIALS AND COACHES PROTECTION ACT" BY ADDING SECTION 16-3-611 TO THE 1976 CODE SO AS TO MAKE IT UNLAWFUL TO COMMIT AN ASSAULT AND BATTERY UPON A SPORTS OFFICIAL OR COACH DURING AND AFTER AN ATHLETIC CONTEST AND TO PROVIDE PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS INCLUDING ENHANCED PENALTIES WHEN A WEAPON IS USED IN THE COMMISSION OF THE CRIME OF ASSAULT AND BATTERY UPON A SPORTS OFFICIAL OR COACH.

12/15/04 House Prefiled
12/15/04 House Referred to Committee on Judiciary
01/11/05 House Introduced and read first time HJ-106
01/11/05 House Referred to Committee on Judiciary HJ-106
05/18/05 House Committee report: Favorable with amendment Judiciary HJ-143
05/19/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Clark
05/24/05 House Amended HJ-40
05/24/05 House Read second time HJ-42
05/25/05 House Read third time and sent to Senate HJ-28
05/25/05 Senate Introduced and read first time SJ-20
05/25/05 Senate Referred to Committee on Judiciary SJ-20
06/07/05 Senate Referred to Subcommittee: Hutto (ch), Jackson, Knotts, Bryant

World Cup
World Cup
Very interesting, Kyle.

Show us the ring, L-E.

Kickman, you're up in frogger, buddy!

World Cup
World Cup
I'm almost scared to ask...but where is #1255 and his other login profile #1185? Kyle...you didn't...did you?

goal
goal
LOL, Akorn, if a misspelled word is your argument, wow! ... but thanks for pointing it out, I have fixed it, just don't think I feel bad about it, mistakes happen (insert funny childish middle school joke about you here)

Not all coaches are "football" coaches. I don't know about the coaches you encounter throughout the season, but most do not fall into this catagory. If they did then they wouldn't know good from bad anyway and it would show, so there would be no loss with their evaluations. After a few weeks a pattern would show of bad reports for certain refs. Some have bad games, so no pattern would form, but others, who we know are always bad. These would become cause for concern and they could receive the training to make them better. We also discussed having a third impartial person, knowledgeable in the game to evaluate.

Me, I'm trying to come up with solutions to problems. So unless you can add positively to the thread, just stop, becuase spelling arguments get you nowhere. Also, Soccer40's post only solidifies my argument that something needs to be done about officiating, it doesn't help you a bit. So if you can discuss, feel free, try to attack again if you want, but it's just laughable, or ludicrous, if you will.

[ March 08, 2006, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Kyle Heise ]

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard