Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
World Cup
World Cup
If there were such a system of evaluation by coaches, I wonder what percentage of "bad evaluations" would be submitted by losing coaches? I would imagine that it would be overwhelmingly in favor of the losing coach to be the bringer of criticism.

goal
goal
While I applaud you for wanting something like that, but putting officials openly in the public eye on a website might be more destructive than constructive. Once a coach submits a form it should be between the official and the assignor or who ever is in carge of them. As for fans, well.....lets just let strokers zero tolerance law take care of that, haha.

As an official, what would you want to be assessed on?

As for tounaments, I know sometimes coaches request certain officials, especially for finals, becuase they know who the good ones are. Again, I would like to say, none of this would be to ostracize anyone, but to make us all better.

goal kick
goal kick
As a referee I would like to be assessed on the items that I listed in the previous post. I would also welcome critique from other referees. The only problem with that is that almost every referee in the Midlands is working every night of the week just to be able to cover the games that are being played. So it gets back to the numbers issue. So Chuck, Shearer, William, et al come on out get certified through USSF and work some games this fall then start doing high school games next year. Be sure to bring some friends and have them become referees also. We just need more referees then we could get on with the assessment of referees.

I do love this game!!!!!

B
bench
bench
B
I think it would be a great idea to have an evaluation after each game on line for refs. If you have a serious problem with a call or situation you should be able to site specific's, that's why it's called an evaluation. Yes, refing is a hard job, but calls have to be fair on both sides to make the game not only competitive but safe. I recently watched a game where the ref allowed the players to get out of control, which resulted in parent frustration, coach frustration and player frustration. Players being allowed to grab and throw players from the other team on the ground and no calls made are not just wrong but unsafe. Some may say well the ref can't see everything but that's why you have linesmen. To say all ref's have been horrible is not a true statement. I have been to three other games where the refs were wonderful. My hat is off to the good ones, because it is a hard job, and no not one that I would want to do.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard