Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
throw in
throw in
R
EHS Defender,

Congratulations on reaching the finals. Being at the tournament I saw your team, and they played well. However, your reasoning about the "draw" will fall on deaf ears since that side of the "draw" won 3 of the 4 final round crossover games.

St. James 1-0 over boiling springs
Ben Lippen 2-1 over myrtle beach
Airport 5-0 over Emerald

It was a quality field. Be happy with your teams performance and reaching the finals. Making excuses sounds like sour grapes.

throw in
throw in
EHS Defender is just trying to give explanation to the lopsided score. Emerald had tied with Airport 1 to 1 in the Viking Cup, and one would think it would have been a more competitive match. AC Flora and Myrtle Beach are solid teams. Emerald and Myrtle Beach left everything they had on the field at their 3:00 match. Myrtle Beach came to their 6:00 game tired from playing Emerald, and Emerald showed up to final with not much gas left. Emerald had two senior starters on the bench with injuries and a senior (who will be playing at Wofford next year) on the bench with a “soft” red card. A rested Airport (who played at 10:30 that morning) looked good.

This is not “sour grapes”. I am only stating the facts, and as everyone knows these are the breaks in soccer.
Bottom line – it was a great tournament for Emerald to face some solid competition in AC Flora, Myrtle Beach, and Airport.

P
bench
bench
P
Congratulations to Coach Harris and Ben Lippen for the win over a fine Myrtle Beach team!

R
throw in
throw in
R
Keeper Dad

By your Board name, I assume your daughter is the keeper for emerald. She did a great job during the tournament, two shutouts. She was peppered with shots by AC Flora and MB and did a great job keeping the ball out of the net and helping her team to win both games in PK's.

There are a lot of "FACTS" on both sides during soccer tournaments and soccer games that are unknown, (Airport/ preseason, 2 starters torn acl's, both have had surgery's, out for season/two starters missing for viking cup/one starter missing for Eagle tournament). Some chose to share "facts", others just continue on to the next game. Apparently, coach Morris and Airport have chosen "the next game". I wish Emerald, Airport, and all the other teams in the tournament success this season and thank them for an exciting weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24/7

I believe this message board is the most appropriate place to share "facts" about teams. Someone above asked for game details and we gave them on Emerald's behalf, so you can go ahead and get over that. It wasn't even close to Emerald's optimum showing in the final, and tournament scheduling certainly didn't provide much help there. Sorry to hear about your injuries, and good luck the rest of the season.

C
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
C
William Aiken--as always good to hear from you.
The championship match between Emerald and Airport provided some very good soccer by both sides. Emerald's sweeper was injured and played very few minutes(none versus AHS) at all on Saturday and one of their senior mid's received a red card in the previous match versus Myrtle Beach. Airport scored 18 seconds into the match and again at the 4 minute mark. It was 3-0 at the end of the first 30 minute half. AS 24/7 stated previously we(Airport) have also had our share of the injury bug this year especially with ACL's. Emerald played the last game with a lot of pride and their players and coaches should be applauded for their two victories over AC Flora and Myrtle Beach which were ranked opponents. The Airport girls also played well in their wins over St. James and Ben Lippen, both of which were ranked.

Emerald is a very good soccer team and will make some noise this year in the 2A playoffs as usual. Look for Coach Dodd's team to go deep into the playoffs with the championship definitely within their reach.

Penguin Fan--I second your congratulations to Mike Harris and Ben Lippen's victories over Barnwell and Myrtle Beach. Ben Lippen is a very solid squad and I commend them on their #1 ranking in SCISA.

Thanks to all the teams that attended and good luck with the rest of your seasons!

C
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
C
W. Aiken--I expect to see your team down here in Columbia next year for the tournament. No more excuses....!?!
Good luck this week in your upcoming matches.

World Cup
World Cup
Hey, you guys keep winning and crushing the teams that beat us-you'll never see us at your tourney! In all honesty, well done and its nice to see that team from Banta Town doing so well.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard