Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
World Cup
World Cup
quote:
my curiosity wasnt as much what are the criteria, but how does one create such fluidity when, for example, from last week to this week greenviile high goes from 3 to 8 and doesnt lose a game ( two wins 9-0;8-0 )yet is passed by teams w/ more losses that even lost the prior week ( eg acflora ) and others that had non significant wins ( dreher goes from 8 to 5 w/ 2 wins over lesser competition and greenville goes from 3 to 8 w/ 2 wins over lesser as well ).
lwt - At the time the rankings were done Sunday morning (10 o'clock), Greenville HS was reported to have a 4-3 record. Yesterday I received an e-mail informing me that GHS had defeated Southside (8-0) last week and last night the Red Raiders edged Wade Hampton-G (2-1), so that gives Greenville a solid win vs. 3A competition to go along with a good win vs. Eastside earlier. Really can't tell much about how good First Presbyterian is this year, because their schedule is not listed on the Georgia HS Scoreboard. The other teams you mentioned, A.C. Flora and Dreher, played games and reported scores -- much easier to rank teams on known results, thus the fall by Eastside and Greenville this week.

World Cup
World Cup
Foreversoccer.com is trying a new method with the polls. It will have it's flaws as well, but will be based more on the fan's input. The drawback of this method would be that lesser known schools without posters wouldn't get as many supportive post irgo higher rankings. Go to the site, find the forum for polls, and state your top ten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"An incomplete schedule by EHS doesn't help matters, especially when little cooperation was given last year by the Vikings. I'd suggest a full schedule be submitted and complete scores/results sent in weekly!"

Do you lose a few spots for not turning in a full schedule? If it means that they get a little respect in the rankings, then I'll send it to you. I don't feel like the fact that Emerald didn't turn in a complete schedule last season should affect their ranking this year. It seems a bit childish IMO. They tied in regulation and defeated in PKs a team that Waccamaw and Magnet lost to. Not to mention they tied in regulation with Hilton Head and have beaten 4A Greenwood twice and TL Hanna once. They have played two schools not larger than 2A, one of which is Christ Church, defending upper state champs, and they defeated them....

"There probably is a 'bias' for the 2A/1A girls soccer polls and justifiably so, because year-in and year-out Bishop England and Christ Church have been the "teams to beat" in the Lower State and Upper State . Throw in the likes of Chapin (at the time) and Hanahan and those were the teams to judge 2A/1A teams by.

No offense to Emerald or Woodruff, but to be the best -- you have to beat the best and until that is proven over the course of a season (or two), then that is what history dictates."

They beat one of the two "teams to beat" right?

"Believe me, by the end of the season (not the first 1/3) the teams will be ranked where they need to be based on their production up until that point."

With Waccamaw likely not losing to any of the remaining teams on their schedule, I doubt there is anything that Emerald can do to move ahead of them in the rankings. The 3 teams' only common opponent has been played already, and has obviously gone unnoticed. They have the advantage in head to head with common opponents, regular season win/loss, and combined win/loss records of opponents. I'm sure that continuing this trend will do nothing to change their ranking. I suppose all there is to do now is turn in a complete schedule and we're in the top 2.

World Cup
World Cup
I would strongly suggest Emerald HS girls varsity to submit their schedule to kyle@scsoccer.com and to fill in any missing scores. Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kyle,

Can anyone submit this, or do you require it to be a coach?

World Cup
World Cup
As long as it is correct, I don't care who sends the information. Preferably, a coach or team manager would take care of this chore. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard