Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the score? also whats the deal with Barnwell blowing out Wade Hampton. I thought Hampton should have beaten Barnwell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wade Hampton lost 2-1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as the Barnwell game goes, Wade Hampton is a totally different team than the team that beat Barnwell last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
magnet outshot the devils really bad. magnet possessed the ball really well and had tons of shots. But, a good game nonetheless. A good rivalry in AA soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
magnet is a very good team. they pass the ball really well and they know their strengths and weaknesses, which aren't very many. I comend magnet on a well played game and I can't wait to play them again, even if we do lose to them the next time also. i like to play in games like that, it makes me better and makes play better in those games. I wish all the teams we played were like magnet. They don't have to look for just a couple people on the team to win the game for them, they have a sprad out team, meaning they can give the ball to any player on their team and they will do something good with it. As far as Barnwell goes, they are a better team than everybody thinks they are this year. They have a solid team and xan also pass the ball. we could have beat them though. We had to get use to different players being on the feild since all the boys from basketball are on their team now. They have goten a few good soccer players from their basketball team and that helped them out a lot. I do not think that the mext game will be a blowout. And 5-1 is not a blowout. 20-0 is a blowout. it will be a good game to watch and play in the next time we play them, because we know how they play with everbody there now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's cool how you want to give credit to Academic Magnet for their talent and skill. Nonetheless, you shouldn't be proud of beating Jasper 20-0. If you know you are good, you shouldn't brag. Besides, it's obvious your coach knows nothing about good sportsmanship. When you are up by ten and second string is scoring 4 goals you know it's time to pull back. As a keeper, getting crashed when you are down by ten isn't something you else you want to deal with. And one last thing, not playing down one shows no class what so ever. This is not the same WHHS team from last year. Just be glad Barnwell didn't run up the score on ya'll the way you did on Jasper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry to inform you but 5-1 is a blowout. This isn't basketball or football, its soccer where a good match is a 1 point differnce between teams, 20-0 hmmm must feel bad for getting blown out so you have to run the score up on a sorry team? trying to get stats? that is just poor sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That jasper score was not cool man. I agree with the keepergodess. that shows no class at all. And for that Barnwell game the Barnwell team only got one player that was playing basketball. Barnwell had a heck of a game on both the defensive and offesive side of the ball. We are looking forward to playing Wade Hampton again. It should be a great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all I am not dissing anyone I am just posting my oppinion. On the Barnwell-Wade Hampton game, it was a very good game up until the half. After that Barnwell came out strong and showed Wade Hampton that you have to keep them down the whole game. Good job to both teams. About the Academic Magnet game that too was a good game and a very aggresive game also. About the Jasper score being 20-0! I do not blame the Wade Hampton team for it. They put the 2nd string in move the goalkeeper out and moved others too. Also we (Wade Hampton team last year) beat a team very bad and we woudn't quit because of one thing.........respect. That team came onto our field running their mouth about our school and everything else. All we wanted to do was shut them up.......and when the game was over (or maybe even at half) they shut their mouth and got ready to go home. So beating a team can also be about respect.........no one talks about chapin and bishop england beating teams really bad...........why........because they can and do and they probaly have beat you a couple times so you shut up and respect them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beating a team 20-0 when they are playing with 10 players and later, an injured goalie, when WHHS was playing with 11 players, is not about respect. YOU HAVE TO EARN THAT, NOT DEMAND IT. It is about boosting your own ego and padding individual statistics, why else write who scored how many on a bulletin board? There is a time when shots should no longer be taken from inside the 18-yard box or should the goalie be dribbled in on. I suppose it depends on the team for when that time is. As for the "good" teams mentioned, don't try and compare the Jasper score to their scores. Remember where, or read back and see where this line of discussion started. A WHHS player called the game a blow out. Check and see how many "starters" started the second half, because it was a "blow out" then. This was a perfect opportunity to get alot of playing experience for the second string, something they get very little of. It is bad to try and make up for short comings against stronger teams by beating up on weaker ones. If it happens, it should not be "crowed" about. Take the win and move on. Don't use it for defense later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard