Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As coaches and players and fans and parents when is a margin wide enough to start pulling back? Our girls team is a first year team and the margin has only been 10 goals at its worst and that was against Hilton Head in our very first scrimmage. Where is the imaginary line drawn? Remember the do unto others rule when answering.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey!! Well i have that Question too but my coach she always wants to cremate teams and score as much as possible but if anyone scores like 3 on there own she puts them back in defense. I guess it depends on what type of coach they are. But i don't like it when they score like 15 by the end of the game the game gets really boring if it isn't close. U know what i mean? [Smile]

C
Brace
Brace
C
to whhs mom, are you saying that the a team should stop shooting? as a coach am i to tell my players to stop playing? i relize that i should sub, and i have in the past but is it fair to tell these kids who work hard and practice hard not to go out on the field and play 100%? how would the girls team at whhs feel if a team played keep away for the entire half in order to keep the score down. think about these questions and then reply.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a game has gotten to 10-0, then the other team should back off. Our team does not reach that plateau very often, but when we do it is keep away. I know that this makes the other team feel bad, but if you can score at will, then the players are unfortunately use to it. It is a tough line to draw, but at some point the game needs to slow down. Has anyone considered calling the game after 10? I have heard that it is done in other states. Let me know what you think about this idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no not quit scoring, just give second string a chance to play, or add more touches before scoring. I would never tell a team to quit scoring all together, just not intentionally run it up. [Smile]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a 10-0 rule would be good, but until that is something put into effect i think i have plenty of room to say that this is VARSITY soccer, even at 10-0, i dont think a team should pull back, at most, put in some of the younger offense that might need some time playing Varsity, but i dont think pulling back is right. If players "feel bad" or "get discouraged" cause they lose by a 10 goal margin, they need to suck it up a little bit, this isn't rec league soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no mercy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep away is wrong...there are ways to hide how you are keeping the score down....such as only shots from outside the 18....or only shots off of crosses....and maybe even left footed (right for others) shots only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, try to find creative ways of scoring. cause personally, i think it would be more embarrassing to have a team play keep away for 10 or 20 minutes and making the other team looks dumb. just stick the bench warmers in there and have them play.

J
world cup
world cup
J
The truth is racking it up is cheap. Its just a cheap way to get good stats for your offenders. And that ends up hurting both the offender and the other team. Once your past 10 whats the point of the match. Put in the second string and create rules for scoring: number of passes, blah blah blah. It isn't cheating the team thats winning. Its teaching them about respect. Like Coach Brown says "You can beat a man without taking his dignity." Running it up is just for stats and to make yourself feel better after you've been stomped by a team better than you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard