Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a team should never back off. if you are worried about respecting the other team the best thing to do is to play hard against them the entire game. what is it saying to a team when you pull pack and intentionally not score anymore? its like saying that they are such a terrible team they dont even deserve our effort.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have the same idea as [Eek!] blazer. You should never pull back. Also on the varsity level you need to send a message. if or wheni coach club when i get older. Ill coach classic and that will be my theory. Beat the $(*^ out of the other team and send a message to others. Especially in tourneys, other teams try to follow other teams and compare scores to see if they are good or garbage. Alwys run up the score and look good. And the do unto others rule..... If you come up to another team that does the same thing and u get annihlated...then you have something to work on and you have met a better team. There are better teams in the state and nation, it is not like everybody is even. i had a game during the school season where we played a team. Where After we scored a set amount of goals we had to play 2 touch and use left foot and not score. If we got caught doing the opposite we had sprints at practice and that made me very upset. But my theory: SEND A MESSAGE!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by mharvey:
As a coach whose team has been blown out on more than one occasion, I sympathize with you. Lou Holtz once told another coach whose team he had just embarrassed, "Its not my job to hold the score down, its your job to keep me from scoring." The best idea I have seen to keep players competitive but allow for continued aggressive play is to pull player off the field as the score gets higher. A team plays 1, 2, 3, etc men down as the game goes on and as goals continue to be scored.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Actually that quote was said to lou holtz after he had just been embarassed by a football team while he was coaching at notre dame

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard