Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
hat-trick
hat-trick
Oh, and I read in the other forum that you are the Hanna girls coach? If so, I don't see how you can say such things about players who play at d2 schools, I guess you don't have players that are "bad" enough to have to "settle" for playing college soccer at a level below d1.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Hurst,
Great point.
Even though I do not know how the selection process works, it does seem unbelievable that Caitlin Robinson (with the extremely impressive and remarkable stats) wasn't selected. She obviously would have been a deserving selection and it seems to me (I say "seems" because I don't know all the other players, or the criteria used in making the selections, or anything about the process) like a travesty that she wasn't chosen. It was nice, W&E, that you went to the trouble of pointing out Caitlin's accomplishments, for Caitlin's sake, if for no one else's. But you've gone too far, in degrading any of the other selections. That's hurtful to them and, as you admitted, it's not their fault that they were selected and Caitlin wasn't. They were just playing their games!
Aside from this, Congratulations to Caitlin on all her truly incredible accomplishments for her team(s) the past 2 years. She is obviously a force to be reckoned with and I, for one, look forward to following her successes throughout the next few years. Keep up the great work!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Basically I'm saying that its an accomplishment to play college soccer in my opinion, and while there are the few and proud that play d1 out of South Carolina, they are only a few.

goal
goal
Ouch, now thats a fresh hit of sarcasm! WE, time to get off the soapbox. Maybe she is good, but maybe, just maybe there are 18 that are better. Oh, wait, it was voted on by the coaches, so it seems that there are 18 better, no maybe about it!
PS- all your consistent nagging on this is taking away from, not to mention a slap in the face to the girls who did make it.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Ben & Jerry/Chunk

Other than saying other girls would not make it as far on the collegiate level as Caitlin, where did I slam them? I played D-II ball and wish it could have been D-1. Better players make that level. She will, a lot of those kids won't. Tough cookies for you and them, but that is a fact - not an insult. Welcome to life, what you are experiencing is jealousy. Saying she is the best player in the region - does that degrade others? Congrats to the girls that made it, as I've said all along. I'm sorry you are so senstive, but build a bridge and get over it. She got screwed, is better than some of those players, but there is nothing that can change it. I'm just making sure it doesn't happen again next year.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I do agree that this has been dragged out way too long, but at some point, I do have to agree with you WE. I mean Hartsville's Goalie? I have never seen her play, but SERIOUSLY, she gave up 41 goals this season, and they played IN REGION 6. It took me 2 days just to figure out what teams made up region 6. Then you have Lexington and FM's goalies who have shutouts records that are challenging the all time record in SC. How does this happen.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
I know, Joe. I'm done with the subject. My point has been made. If no one else post, I'll slip off into obscurity and take this thread along with me.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Sorry to prolong this already tired subject any longer. However, I want to make a slight counterpoint to ajoe's point. Lexington's goalie does not have any shutout records, Lexington's TEAM established a new standard for consecutive shutouts this year. I believe that Fort Mill also has established a new shutout standard for total in one season, and they have a very fine defender on the All-State team. Congratulations to Rachel!!!

S
coach
coach
S
deahler: Very classy.

world cup
world cup
Thanks deahler, good comment Chico.

As ajoe will agree, although Rachel Datz certainly deserves her all-state status, there was more than one Lady Jacket who contributed to the team's great defense.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard