Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#5248 04/07/02 07:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
totally agree with mr. sobe08....any score of at least 5 goals must be a result of very poor defense. I'm not sure how a 7-7 game going into overtime could have been a "great game"....maybe if it was irmo vs. bofurt, but not teams of this calibur.

#5249 04/07/02 08:32 PM
Brace
Brace
I respect your opinions, but did either of you see the match? Early on, there were three goals as a result of misplayed balls. Other than those three, the shots were simply dead-on fantastic and a result of well-created opportunities and pure hustle. Ask folks who were at the tournament and see what they say. Each team countered when down, and simply upped their level of play to match that of their opponent.

In the previous three matches leading up to the championship, Ridge View outscored their opponents 11 - 3 (their opponents being Atlee H.S., one of Virginia's top ranked teams, SCISA #2 Porter-Gaud, and AAAA # 8 Summerville) while Bishop-England outscored theirs by 12 - 4 (their opponents being A #1 Christ Church, nationally ranked Norman North (OK), and AAAA #3 P.M. Dorman). I stand firmly by what I said.

#5250 04/08/02 01:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BE is without a doubt a force that can dominate all classes. They will always be a force the way things are now. They should continue to be a force in the private school league. No private school should be able to compete in the public school league for titles. We can argue all day long but it is just not a level field of play.

#5251 04/17/02 01:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw be play a couple of times and they only have a few star players so i will have to say that they are a bit over rated not highly over rated though

#5252 04/17/02 05:22 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
Why is everyone so excited that BE beat Norman North? they were ranked in the top 25 because of their past performance. they are no longer ranked, and rightly so, they got beat by a 2A team, and tied a 3A team. they aren't anything like they have been in the past, so I wouldn't go on basing a season on one win.

#5253 04/17/02 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to let you know buddy(soccerboy), BE doesn't base it's performance on the Norman North game... Dorman and Ridge View are 2 strong team that BE had to play and BE had a stellar tournament and are a great team. Don't be jealous...Do you see any of us talking trash about other teams..NO. so please grow up and get some class will you. I'm so sick and tired of hearing people complaining about BE this and BE that. It's the game of soccer that we should be worrying about not who plays who or what team is good or overrated. I respect many of you who talk on this board but those who constantly criticize teams for doing what they love most, all you do is embarass yourself. Thank you.

#5254 04/17/02 10:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh junk....you tell that kid whats up....

#5255 04/17/02 10:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find amusement in the fact that many of you like to try to make judgements about a team you have not played agaisnt. Comign from a team in the same conference as BE, i feel i have a very accurate idea of just how good BE is. BE is one of the 2 Best teams in the state, in all divisions, if not the best. Regardless as to how they get heir players, they are truly an awesome team. Anybody remember the BE team 3 years back- the one with clemmons, probst, oswald, walker, etc- that team was the best team i have ever seen, and this team is even better. Enough said- I win.

#5256 04/17/02 10:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with VOR when u can pick from the county/state & play schools with little or some talent(some have more) u can always be a perrennial powerhouse. I should also say, they do play a good schedule & don't back down from any team but they're a "semi-pro team" playing HS teams. MY opinion only

#5257 04/18/02 12:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right "nugball", both these teams are great teams that both possess individual skill and team ability. I learned everything I know about soccer from watching my brother's teams. I will, however, have to disagree with your comment on that this years team is better than that of 3 or 4 years ago. That team was also nationally ranked, as high as 11th i think, and they won three straight championships. I also agree with "asking", you make a good point about being able to field players, but also with your comment about never backing down. BE is able to get players from around the county but they are a tough team, and too many people complain about so called "recruiting." Ed Khouri is a great coach, and his record shows it. People need to stop focusing on "recruitment" and more on soccer.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard