Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
The game was a travesty of botched calls, needless calls and no-calls.

I take nothing away from the Dorman girls. They played a tough game and consistently played to win from behind.

I don't blame the Dorman coach for lobbying the ref; killing time with subs; and, venturing onto the field numerous times. He was only doing what the ref permitted.

I AM appalled at the officiating. "Incompetent" is too kind. The ref lost control of the game on the field. I've seen "bad" refing before but I've never seen a ref make calls based on numerous conferences with coaches and linesmen. I've seen refs defer to linesmen in an expeditious way but, to stop the game for prolonged conferences-- never.

On at least three crucial penalties the ref decided the game based on what was obviously uncertain knowledge and what seemed to be a "committee vote."

The low point of the game was disallowing an Irmo goal in the second OT. The ref chose the course of MOST damage despite the fact that he obviously wasn't sure whether the time ran out before the ball rolled into the goal. Allowing the goal would have permitted the PLAYERS to decide the game on the field.

His other gaffes included: allowing the clock to run while Dorman players stalled in OT; and not penalizing the Dorman coach's numerous forays onto the pitch.

In short, I can live with getting beat by another team. Losing because of ridiculous officiating really hurts.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Lexington feels your pain.
You should see the video of the foul called against Lexington to give Dorman their only goal against Lex and move them on to the chapionship game.
I wish the refs would have been better all the way through the playoffs, then you could have just lost to Lexington fair and square.

hat-trick
hat-trick
YJ Fan:
I do believe Irmo's shot at the end entered the goal after time expired. I did not hear the horn due to the crowd noise, but I was looking back and forth between the scoreboard clock and the play during the last 10 seconds. It appeared to me that time had indeed expired by the time the ball went in the goal.

J
Brace
Brace
J
You have to admit though that it was a well played, hard fought match that had a lot of intenisty. Many said it was a treat to go to such a game!

Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
Truefan, heh. Don't forget that Irmo beat Dorman during the season, also. The Yellow Jackets that played last night were significantly better than when they played Lex during previously.

Lex v. Irmo would have been very interesting.

Soccerboy, any game with the level of officiating I witnessed would have to be painful to fans of the game-- no matter who they cheered for.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Soccerboy: The best treat was stopping by Krispy Kreme after the game.
Not the best played game by either side. 5 out of the 6 goals could have and probably should have been saved.
But yes, hard fought and intense.

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
This is why EVERYONE loves when Irmo loses. It's usually the guys, but I'm glad the girls team and their fans have the exact same attitude.

Mwuah ha ha.

Go Dorman!!

M
kick off
kick off
M
Not to harp more on the officiating (as I'm impartial to any of the teams that played this weekend), but the Dorman-Irmo game and the BC-Riverside game leave a lot of room for questioning. Both center refs for those two games seemed completely clueless as to what was going on, let the games get out of control, etc.

Contrarily, I was impressed with the officiating in the 1a/2a game (granted it was much slower paced) and in the boys games that I saw (1a, 2a, part of 3a).

U
goal kick
goal kick
U
Yellow Jacket Fan, The Irmo victory over Dorman was not during the regular season. It was a "Scrimmage". Just needed to clarify your comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the goal should have counted that is all there is too it!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard