Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
W&E, Spartan has you nailed.

SBS, I couldn't agree more.

OE, envy shows plainly in your post.

I've only watched the IHS Boys and Girls for a couple of years. Never has Heather complained about having a game "stolen." I bet if YOUR team got beat because an OT lasted 100% too long then we'd still be hearing about it just like you continue to slag Savitz for standing up.

Name another game that IHS coaches have complained about. Fans are a different story. From rec league to premiere, I've heard fans complain about refing.

I've just never seen such an entirely clueless ref in such an important game.

F
kick off
kick off
F
truefan,

I was at the Lex v Dorman game as an impartial observer and thought that particular penalty call that resulted in Dorman's win was terrible. Reassuring to hear that the video confirms my impression. Dorman bludgeoned Lexington most of the night with almost no calls against them.

world cup
world cup
firefly,

As an impartial observer of the Lex-Dorman game, can you give us your take on how things went after the final whistle?

truefan feels the Dorman coach's behavior was out of line.

F
kick off
kick off
F
Hurst66,

You know, it struck me as odd at the time but I hadn't thought about it since. Dorman left the field and there was an average amount of handshaking between the Lexington and Dorman players. Instead of talking to his team on the sidelines, the Dorman coach rounded everybody up and took them back on the pitch, to the goal to my right, under the scoreboard. They assembled there and a photographer took a number of photos with the team holding up the "we're number one" finger. The coach was very exuberent with some fist pumping and shouting to the team. I chalked it up to the excitement of the moment. I've seen a number of teams pose for photos after big games, but never on the home team's pitch. I thought it was in bad taste, and I think there were more than a few cat calls from the Lexington faithful in the stands.

world cup
world cup
That certainly could be interpreted as "excessive", given it was done on the visiting pitch. I guess they were making sure they captured that "championship moment" in case things didn't work out in Stone Stadium on Friday night.

World Cup
World Cup
Spartan/Scotland/YJF,

Yeah, you guys sure told me. Well, that's all I have to say about it so I guess I have no choice but to move on. Thanks for the lesson in humility.

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
I've seen a number of teams pose for photos after big games, but never on the home team's pitch. I thought it was in bad taste, and I think there were more than a few cat calls from the Lexington faithful in the stands.
Doesn't bother me a bit. Obviously, it was a big win on the road and in the playoffs. That's the definition of a "Kodak moment". Personally, I think if the Lexington press box crew allowed Dorman to take the picture, then that epitomizes 'class'. Good job!

World Cup
World Cup
I made a statement in the paper about Dorman having being the "Best team in the state with the best Coach". Who was it that said I spoke too soon...hmmmmmmm?

As a coach, another team posing on our field would tug at my heart strings, but I'd have to let it ride. That might never happen again for those kids and its not like they can travel home and recreate the moment. Go home and kick the cat, but let them have a moment to celebrate.

S
coach
coach
S
W&E: Okay...okay...mea maxima culpa.

EXCEPT -- you did speak too soon!!! All I said was that you might want to wait to make them prove it. They did so...

But as a prediction, you absolutely nailed it.

P.S. I was there and saw Dorman posing for the picture and didn't give it a second thought...but at that point I was walking out and wasn't in the stands.

World Cup
World Cup
Point made, I stand corrected!

I think any competitive person would find it hard to watch such a thing. That would be the point in which all those little league games and non-score keeping, for the good of the game, love thy neighbor come into play. Of course, easier said than done. I'll let you know how it personally feels when I get there. Might be a while...

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard