Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Brace
Brace
J
My wife tells a story about when their BB team went to a rival to play in high school, and they had a banner up all ready to go for the coaches supposed 200th win. My wife's team won, not giving the home coach their 200th win, so they went up and took their pictures in front of the banner to rub it in. I think pictures at opposing fields/facilities are perfectly fine.

World Cup
World Cup
That's a hoot!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I am with Chico, it hurts but is not what I consider to be unsportmanlike. The players deserved the time.

D
bench
bench
D
Well I was at the Dorman- Irmo game. I do have to agree the officiating was terrible. I was sitting in the stands on the side of all the controversy. My view was really good. My take on the situation is that ultimately the right calls were made. The journey was astonishingly painful. The bottom line: there was a swatted ball, but it happened in the box. I just was not sure if it was the Irmo player or the Dorman player who swatted the ball. That goal should have counted. The free kick also angled towards the back of the goal, so it was a good goal. The goal scored at the end happened after the clock expired. When the keeper touched that ball is when the clock expired. I was watching the clock. I personally think a play should allow to finish, but that is not how soccer works, and I have been burned before on similar instances.

I to was horrified by the level of officiating. In fact it blew most of the season. There was one game where one of our players got a concussion, and the coach received a yellow card for telling the ref the game was out of control and people are getting hurt. The game could have been handled better. All I have to say is that I thought the Irmo team had a lot of class by their action at the end of the game. They far exceed their cross lake rivals who lets say have none what so ever. The Irmo coach and players held their heads high after the game and gave sincere congrats to the Dorman players.

The bottom line is that is was a great game. That was the most people I have ever seen at a soccer game in SC. It should also serve as a bell weather to the state officials that they need to do something about the quality of their refs. My daughters play for Dorman’s arch rivals, but ultimately I do think the right calls were made. I just don’t think that any call should have been made, since about 5 other hand balls were ignored. It is just a shame that one was called that altered the game. Lets not forget Dorman lost a goal because of the that hand ball call. They just had enough skill to get it back on the next play with a shot that hit the cross bar.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
I could care less about a team taking a picture after the game home or away. But I do think it is in poor taste to punt the home teams game balls into the visiting teams stands.
And I don't think he was celebrating.

J
world cup
world cup
J
My sophomore year.. we were playing away at our rivals place. One of their guys was in a full sprint and lost the ball (barely) out of bounds.. then he took two extra strides and shot the ball directly into the arse of our back-up keeper on the sideline. I was p*ssed at the time..but it's funny now..more so because we won.

What's my point.. nothing.

What's the point of all this.. nothing.

HURRAY!

U
goal kick
goal kick
U
I was sitting in the visiting team's stands until after the photo op and there were no balls flying my way. Sounds like a little embellshment to the story.

World Cup
World Cup
I think he shot some people, too.

S
coach
coach
S
uihwki: I know that you track these types of things; so how many parents of CFC players were hit? [Smile]

U
goal kick
goal kick
U
Chico, Depends. Do you want parents of current players or the entire universe (those that played for CFC at one time). Also, should I include brothers and sisters as well? The later may take a little longer to compile. The amazing thing is Coach had so many to shoot at and he missed all of them!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard