Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5323 04/01/02 02:10 PM
M
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
M
what is going to be some good tournaments this spring break, i know about the white knoll tourney, but what are some others? Please list teams and how good they are, and... well just give me your thoughts about them.

#5324 04/01/02 02:50 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
My predictions for the White Knoll tourny are. The division with Blackville-Hilda, Crestwood, Airport, and Lugoff-Elgin, will be between L-E and Aiport. I also believe if jason is back in the goal L-E will be playing in the 1st place match. In the other division with White Knoll, Chester, Batesburg-Leesville, and Camden Military Academy, it will be between White Knoll and CMA. With Camden Military Academy playing for 1st place. White Knoll is okay but CMA has got some kids with skill they just don't play well as a team. Guys to look out for the Oriental dude #15 he plays the whole field, and then theres #21 and #16 (its the same guy) he got carded in our game after he got a card then switched jerseys. Hes pretty good but hes kinda dirty. Last but not least #5 is pretty good too good foot skills but he hesitates until hes got the perfect shot and by then the defense is already on him. White Knoll just don't push the offsides and play solid defense and you can take the match. They play long ball kick it over the D's head and out run the defense. We play a similar style too but theres a little more passing involved. Anyways if you have solid defense and good refs it shouldn't be hard to beat White Knoll and to beat CMA...you just have to be solid all around and mostly get lucky. Anyone know much about Airport's playing style, ability, etc...?

#5325 04/01/02 02:58 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Other Tournys over Spring Break:

The Palmetto Cup - host: B.C.
Group A Division 1 -- Porter-Gaud, Ridge View, Summerville

Group A Division 2 -- Atlee (VA), Dutch Fork, T.L. Hanna

Group B Division 1 -- Brookland-Cayce, James Island, Norman North (OK)

Group B Division 2 -- Bishop England, Christ Church, P.M. Dorman

Don't know much about Norman North or Atlee but if you take them out i'd say its between RV, Dorman, and BE.

NORTHWESTERN SPRING SHOOTOUT
Northwestern High School
April 5-6 | Rock Hill, SC
Clover, Fort Mill, Northwestern, Rock Hill, Spring Valley, York

Spring Valley will be taking the trophy home after this ones over.

and Riverside is going to Georgia or something. I think thats about it.

#5326 04/01/02 08:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Palmetto Cup put on by B-C is normally an outstanding tournament, with several top clubs. The schedule is noted below:

2002 PALMETTO CUP SCHEDULE

Thursday @ Lexington Two District Stadium - Airport HS
3 pm - Norman North (OK) vs. Bishop England
5 pm - Atlee (VA) vs. Dutch Fork
7 pm - P.M. Dorman vs. Christ Church

Thursday @ The Cage - Brookland-Cayce HS
6 pm - Summerville vs. Ridge View
8 pm - James Island vs. Brookland-Cayce

Friday @ Lexington Two District Stadium - Airport HS
10 am - Porter-Gaud vs. T.L. Hanna
3 pm - Christ Church vs. Bishop England
5 pm - James Island vs. P.M. Dorman
7 pm - Summerville vs. Porter-Gaud

Friday @ The Cage - Brookland-Cayce HS
4 pm - Atlee (VA) vs. Ridge View
6 pm - T.L. Hanna vs. Dutch Fork
8 pm - Brookland-Cayce vs. Norman North (OK)

Saturday @ Lexington Two District Stadium - Airport HS
8 am - T.L. Hanna vs. Atlee (VA)
10 am - Dutch Fork vs. Summerville
12 pm - James Island vs. Norman North (OK)
2 pm - 11th Place
4 pm - 9th Place
6 pm - 5th Place

Saturday @ The Cage - Brookland-Cayce HS
8 am - Bishop England vs. P.M. Dorman
10 am - Brookland-Cayce vs. Christ Church
12 pm - Ridge View vs. Porter-Gaud
4 pm - 7th Place
6 pm - 3rd Place
8 pm - 1st Place - Championship Match - An Awards presentation follows immediately after the match.

[Eek!]

#5327 04/02/02 12:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey ledude..i dont know alot about atlee but norman north has been a pretty big powerhouse according to past national polls definetely dont count them out...and i gotta give it to my rv dawgs they are on a roll..good luck in the tourney it is stacked..not a team in it with a big flaw...stay lossless throughout the tourney

#5328 04/02/02 02:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree about not counting Norman North out. From past experience playing them in the tourney at BC, they are indeed a powerhouse. I would advise the teams that are playing them to come out with high intensity, and dont let up, cause they (Norman North) go for 90 minutes strong. We played with them for the first half but the second half we were tired and they just dominated. So just a little helpful hint and represent SC well. And for Atlee, VA. I'm pretty sure their the same as NM. why would they waste there times to come and play in SC if not. VA teams are always skilled teams, with highly skilled players, so take it to them SC teams. Good luck Everyone!!

#5329 04/02/02 02:50 PM
M
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
M
Airport is inconsitent, they have Jonathan Coburn who is one of the best offensive players south carolina has ever known. He is #12. The guy up top, #18 he is alright, but he can't finish. He is a pretty decent player. Their mid field would be great if they could just stay on their marks. Their defense is pretty good too. Kyle Rabon, and # 10 is pretty good, and i think that guy named vance is pretty good. some kid named sexton is good too, he marks up really good, and shuts down some really good players.

#5330 04/02/02 02:55 PM
M
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
M
what about you L-E dude, what about ya'lls team. how bad did you beat crestwood, wasn't it 6-1. How did the game go,what all happened. Does anyone know anything about blackville-hilda

#5331 04/02/02 03:00 PM
M
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
M
I think it will be white knoll and airport in the 1st place match. don't underestimate white knoll, thats what we did and they beat us. but i think we are a better team than them. With david and brian at top, they have some pretty good finishing. Then Chris in the middle, he is pretty good, you just have to watch out for his little cut backs or he'll be right past you. On defense, darren murrah is a pretty good sweeper, he talks lots of smack and gets you off your game, but the rest of the defense has scored at least three goals against their selves. They are a pretty decent second year team.

#5332 04/02/02 04:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
White Knoll is a pretty decent team. We beat them 6-2, or something like that, but they're really not as bad as the score might imply. They can control the ball really well. They also use the whole field pretty well. I wouldn't count CMA out in that division either though. They have a lot of speed on their team. They also have a guy who can send the ball really well. Their defense is pretty good too. A lot of speed back there and they can run with almost any striker. About it being between Airport and White Knoll...... I don't know about that. I mean, yeah, thats a good possibility, but I think we (Lugoff-Elgin) have a good shot at winning this tourny too. We are a lot better than last year. Even if I can't play in goal, I think we got a good chance. I don't know a whole lot about the other 4 teams. I have only seen Crestwood play, but that was just a scrimmage, and you can't judge a whole lot from that. I don't really think that anyone can say for sure that they will win. There have been a lot of teams that you wouldn't think much about upset some of the better teams in the state. Good luck to all the teams in the tourny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard