Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been playin soccer for eleven years. Every single one of those years has been
spent playing either as a sweeper or a marking back. I have played forward a little but
not a lot. Anyway, what I am getting to is that as a defender I have shut people down,
well actually I have done that a lot but I wont get into that, and I have had bicyles and
diving headers to save goals. Though I make the diving header save who gets the credit.
You know who gets the credit the forward that had 50 shots and made 2 of them to tie the
game, but what if me the defender that had the diving header save had not been there. Well,
then I would have gotten all the crap from the coach and everyone else and we would have
lost the game. Why do defenders get yelled at when someone scores on them because the
midfielder lost the ball and didnt get himself back because he was to lazy. As a defender I'm
sick and tired of not being appericiated. I told a girl to come watch one of my games she said
" Why do you play forward". Why don't we just loose the name soccer we can call it Forward
or Offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post this in the HS section see what replies u get. I think it's a great topic. [Smile]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally understand what you are saying. Not many people ever give credit to the defense for keeping a game close. As a defensive player, in my opinion, defense should get more credit for what they do...Besides, I think to win a game there must be offense and defense. And without a defense, you have no offense. Good Luck with getting more recognition...you sound like a really good player. [Smile]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i totally agree with you.. i play defense.. and we get blamed for the loss but when we win its like defense wasnt even there..i think that the defense should get more rocognition.. but i dont think that it will ever change.. bc i was on a team once and ( i play sweeper) i got blamed for losing the tourney.. the defense starts from top and goes back.. but we are hte last line before the keeper!! thanks for posting this reply i would like to see waht other people say to this topic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the offense that gets the glory and the defense that gets the blame....it seems to be common in a lot of sports. It's goals, assists and saves made by the keeper that are reported in the paper the next day....it always leaves the majority of the team out in these stats. BUT,at a recent tournament I did see a defensive player named M.V.P. of the winning team. He deserved the honor and it was great to see his team reward his hard work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a team sport man.. the key word being TEAM if ur team is crying about who gets more credit than ur team isn't gona be good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i completely agree with afrothunder. stop being so selfish. its a team sport. i play defence and i still disagree with you. the whole team is offense and the whole team is defence. if all you are worried about it who gets the glory than go play tennis or something. that'll be a nice glorifying, individual sport for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
joe, i've noticed not many on this message board seem to like you too much. the only posts and replys i've seen of yours have been either trash talking, or whining. i wonder why that is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well thats tru offense get all teh credits and the defender don't. if the defender mess-up they get yell at even though they try hard to win to ball. well i hope poeple can see that peace out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im not saying one should get all the credit but if one does the other should to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude i dont know what yall are talking about but did you hear about Will Martin and Cyrus the Virus they are the best, theyre like Pippen and Jordan, Shaq and Kobe, theyre incredible no one can stop them!!! WANDO RULES!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard