Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing soccer for eleven years I have gone through many coaches. Some yell and yell, and others just sit and watch. I would love to have a coach that was like Dek and Eddie from Columbia. Dek off the field was a great guy and was made you act very professional. Eddie never yelled, but was so into the game. He was one of the best coaches I have ever had. He told you what you were doing wrong and right. He also taught us (Odp 87 team) that soccer was both a game for a game of skill and a mental game. "You had to have heart to play on his team". I have had and seen coaches that yell at you until you almost want to quit. Why can't coaches just be like Dek or Eddie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree w/ you. i want a coach that doesnt yell a lot. he needs to tell us what we are doing wrong and right so we can fix it. if we lose a game he needs to tell us as a team what we did wrong and try to fix it a practice, and if we lose he needs to know how to take that. he cant just yell at us and tell us that we looked stupid on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point guys! The overall emphasis should be placed on learning the game, and developing the players. You may have some losses initially, but in the long run you will develop better players, and thus a better team which will produce more wins down the road. There should be a mutual respect(not fear) amongst players and coaches, with teaching soccer being the primary goal. The wins will come!

[Big Grin]

Link Copied to Clipboard