Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
personaly i know that Cardinal Newman is the best beause we havent lost in 9 games and we have out scored our oppounts 39-2 and have an unstoppable defense and a powerful midfeild and some forwards that can literally score from anywhere 2 people have scored more than once from over midfield, and have scored off bending corners in the goal, 5 bicysle kicks, and lots of powerful shots right in the top corners that no keeper how good they are could stop. NO ONE can beat us , NO ONE!~!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea too bad they didnt beat us 1-0 it went into overtime and JV non-confrance games arent supposed to go into overtime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no it is considered a tie because it went into o-t and jv isnt supposed to go into o-t

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo Boys JV has gone to OT and PKs against Chapin, Dutch Fork, and Spring Valley already this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea ... thats probly because they are in the same confrance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
na our coach asked ths SCISA PRESIDENT and he said that our game wasent supposed to go into PK's or even overtime so how could we lose in pk's if we werent supposed to go into pk's..??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares man, is that still not a loss? even if it was or wasnt supposed to? and what players do u have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we have lots of undescovered talent like myself a 7th grader who has 13 of our 39 goals and 4 8th graders who have combined 11 of our 39 goals and 6 9th graders who have 15 of our 39 goals and the olny way you can win is by goals so we have done our job in winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dude i think you need to remember that you're in 7th grade and just because youve scored a lot of goals against most likely crappy teams....long story short any big program could take you any day of the week. so stop talking crap and come back when "they drop"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea well to bad ive scored my goals agnist chaapin and i dont think there a easy team so how about u drop it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why arent u playing club if ur in 7th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha poor kid...your "boys" haven't dropped yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im not playing club because im good , good enough to be our leading scorer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
club is more competitive than JV, there are 2 8th graders that would be on our team but their club team is nationally ranked and so dont have the time or want to risk the injury playing jv

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
club may have better competition but dosent get u seen by any scouts , im not sayin i am lookin for scouts but when u get on a varsity team u get noticed more playing for ur team not for a club team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kid, u have like 3 other yrs to play jv

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and u def. don't get seen in high school games, unless your club team sucks and you don't get seen at club games by any good coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
na i will be playin jv olny for another year , if a club team sucks and ur on it it makes u look bad so u wont be seen by any coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow, high school league doesnt get any attention. big club tournaments are where you get seen by college scouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not really my older brother played club on a nationly ranked team and didnt get to play anywhere in collage bc no body came to his games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the best JV team that we play is Seneca, Coach English always has a tremendous team. We play them again this upcoming Tuesday and we're hoping to give them a good game and possibly even steal a win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dixie's jv is good but i cant say were the best
by far we have a lot of work to do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
everybody has a lot of work to do but if u do wat u have to do ull be the best and our team this year does

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by CNplayer:
not really my older brother played club on a nationly ranked team and didnt get to play anywhere in collage bc no body came to his games

ok, this once again just proves my original assumption that 1: you have no "boys" and 2: that your an idiot. if your brother was on a nationally ranked team and coaches didnt look at him it was either because he never played, or he never called any of these prospective coaches. oh and for the record, college is spelt with an "e" and nobody is one word. no balls.

-------------------------------------------------
if sex is like a card game, you're really good at solitaire

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the championship of our tournament next weekend will be summerville and wando. that will determine who is the best in the lower end of the state

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Couldn't have said it any better myself elcid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what 'bout Dutch Fork JV's goalie Joey? He's got 29 saves and has only been scored on twice and that was by irmo both times

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 'bout Df JV? We're 10-2 and our only loses are to irmo and Ridge view..and we beat irmo twice already this season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey what about Dutch Fork we are now 13-2 and will finsish the season 14-2 with two wins coming against Irmo...why is no one talking about Dutch Fork. They have only lost to Irmo(Dutch Fork also beat them twice), and they lost to Ridge View in a (0-0) game which Dutch Fork lost in pks...Dutch Fork is showing why they are taking over the ranks of Irmo as an up and coming dynasty...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who has cardinal neuman played?
i personally have played both dutch fork, chapin, northwestern, just to name a few...northwestern is good, and we should have beaten them.....dutch fork is probably the best team we've played, and we beat them 1-0 in pk's....my vote goes to dutch fork

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
CNplayer - Club Soccer doesn't get you seen by college coaches/scouts? Check out the GFC and St. Giles websites and see how many boys and girls have signed at colleges to play. Do you really think that they received the exposure from High School? Why do you think the Club teams travel to the elite tournaments? What do you think happens at regionals? What do you think happens at ODP and ODP regional camp? Do you really think that there is no college coaches that attend these events? You better re-evaluate your situation if you are really that good. You need to be playing club soccer, ODP as well as playing for your High School.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wando is best team in lower state... havent seen n e mid state/up state teams...

hat-trick
hat-trick
ben lippen vs cardinal newman this week will prove who is the best in scisa which is certainly better than 2a and just as good as 3a in soccer, ben lippen also has not lost since our first crap game which was in pks, and we have beeten pinewood prep, so the only other team to beat in scisa is you guys, also i think we topped ridge views score against mid carolina, we had 16 or 17

hat-trick
hat-trick
another thing about cn, they lost to (tied in cnplayers oppinion) BC who beat mid carolina 2-0 and we beat mid carolina 17-18 to nothing

hat-trick
hat-trick
16 to 18-0

World Cup
World Cup
Guys, check the SCSOCCER.COM Scoreboard out and make sure we have all of your JV scores correct and up to date. If you see something missing, let us know at kyle@scsoccer.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel Irmo passed Dutch Fork's Boys JV as the season went on. Look at the results of the 3 games. On 2/28 in the Irmo pre-season tournament, DF won 3-1 and was impressive. On 3/26 at Irmo, they tied 1-1 when DF scored a late goal and came back from a 0-2 deficit in PKs to win. I felt Irmo had a slight edge in play. On 4/7 at Dutch Fork, Irmo won 3-1 and was impressive.

By the way, does anyone know why Dutch Fork did not play in the Irmo tournament this weekend? That would have settled the argument. Irmo won with Spring Valley 2nd. Dorman, Riverside, and SC Flora also competed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think that gvilles jv( when they feel that they wanna play could give any team out there a run for there money) but i must also admit that when the daniel jv plays they look like a scisa or A team when they play to the fullest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally I think that Swansea has an amazing JV team. Ya'll keep up the good work Swansea! Ya'll have a lot of talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"we have beeten pinewood prep"

That was in PK's, right? It ought to be a good game on 5/4 then [Wink]

hat-trick
hat-trick
we dominated pinewood but they finished well in their one opportunity, and their keeper is abosolutely fanatical and stopped many obvious goal scoring opportunities, they overall did well to play with us though and yes we beat them in pks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well u said that whoever won the ben lippen cn game would be the best in scisa and cn won thanks to my header in ot. so who is better now?

B
goal
goal
B
With club season over, Pinewood should have the full roster at the next match with BL. Some quality younger players will be finished after this weekends challenge cup. I agree with Soccermom, should be a good match.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pinewood isnt n e thing

hat-trick
hat-trick
we dominated cn but i won't say anything more until after mondays ben lippen cn game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL is best in the region and will kick CN's cowardly a$$e$. Parden me for my French lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CN Losers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are people even talking about teams like Ben Lippen and Cardinal Newman...Are you kidding me those teams are garbage...I guarantee you if they played Irmo, Dutch Fork, Ridge View, or a good team like that they would get blown out of the water...So please the topic here is the best jv team and cleary those two teams dont even come close to being the best in the state....scrubs...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your such bull crap, Ben lippen could take on Irmo and Dutch fork because they played against them before. But i don't know about Ridge View. And plus your probaly a fat lazy fan in the stupid stands any ways lol lol!!!! loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did BL play Irmo or DF???? Certainly not this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a year or Few years ago [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea irmo did play ben lippen last year and we won 4-0 so ben lippen cant play with any of the real schools such as us or df and if BL cant play with us CN wont be able to either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last time BL played Irmo it was last year and the game wasnt even a contest. Irmo won 4-0 with no problems at all. Theres no way BL or CN should even be used in a sentence dealing with the best JV team in the state. If we are gonna talk about the best JV teams I think the talk should contain such teams as Irmo, DF, Wando, Summerville, or RV so enough with this BL and CN crap.

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
What you have is a player or two from BL and CN that think their team is great, but only within their select little world. Immature and stupid.

hat-trick
hat-trick
i heard ridge view isn't very good, so they shouldn't be mentioned here anyways, we topped their score against some crap teams, neways i never said my team was the best, just better than cardinal newman and the best in scisa which is around the same as 3a. But we (ben lippen) don't play nebody good, which i wish we did because we need to play the irmos and other powerhouses now to get good experience for the future. outside of out 3 tough games this year our goals for/goals against is something like 70/80 to 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha benp you are one funny kid...I cant believe that Ben Lippen would even stand a chance against us (Dutch Fork) or Irmo...dude it would even be a game, so you can keep dreaming but until you play us on the feild please dont even try to say your team is decent bc everyone but you knows the arent...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And hey by the way im not some fat fan in the stands Joshua...as a matter of fact im the starting keeper for Dutch Fork and Im also one of the captains of my team so please just keep it shut, and save yourself the trouble...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And hey by the way im not some fat fan in the stands Joshua...as a matter of fact im the starting sweeper for Dutch Fork and Im also one of the captains of my team so please just keep it shut, and save yourself the trouble...

hat-trick
hat-trick
i never said we would beat dutch fork or irmo, the fact is, last year we lost to irmo 4-0. But we are certainly a better team this year and i said i'd like to play teams like that to get experience. I know that you would probably beat us, but we could hang with many if not most 4a teams, fort mill is decent and we played one of our worst games and lost to them in pks. we even had more chances than them at scoring but sucked it up in our first game of the season. (by the way, joshua is a good keeper but his personality is very gay and no one likes him) lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright then your buddy Joshua thinks yall can take us...but Im just saying just dont even try to put teams like Dutch Fork or Irmo even up to yalls level because you guys couldnt hang with us and I certainly think that any 4a team that is decent could beat Ben Lippen and Cardnial Newman...So go and start another topic like "Ben Lippen is better than CN" bc you shouldnt be talking about those teams in a topic like "Best jv in all the state"

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
LSC, all I think that benp is saything is that they have a good team and that they could play competitively with some of the top teams, and he would like for that to happen. Maybe it would be a blowout, maybe it wouldn't, but we'll never know until you play one another.

BTW, what year in Lexington Soccer Club do you play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the last time against irmo, during the game they scored while the goalie didn't see the short kick corner till it was to late, they score at the edge of the goal, off the goalies neek. (he almost stopped it) and the second goal was on a penalty kick and everyone usely scores on a penalty if there great at shooting. [i give them that much credit] then at the second half the coach wanted to try something different since- he know that they were probly not going to win 2-0, he switched the goalie with the back up goalie to get some practice in game experience. then they scored easier goals on him that the other goalie could have easily gotten. So the game was alot closer then you think till the pk and a cheap shot show that they could not make a real shot against the ben lippen last and this year. but since the goalies going up to varsity, the irmo team could probaly kill the BL team next year though. [Cool]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
P.S. Benp is dead, when i get my hands on him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Z
throw in
throw in
Z
Cardinal Newman JV soccer team could play with big soccer programs like Irmo and Dutchfork. Maybe not every year; but once in a while a good team will come out of SCISA. Such is the case with Ben Lippen and Cardinal Newman JV. Though they don't play against Irmo, they play against teams Irmo has played. In the chapin game, CN defeated Chapin 2-1 in regulation. Irmo defeated Chapin in PK(s). In the Dreher game, Irmo defeated Dreher 4-0. CN defeated Dreher 5-0. This is just to say that some SCISA teams can play with big schools. I am not saying CN will beat Irmo, but it would be a good game to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anything i say on this message board don't take seriously, because most of the time i'm not!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joeygeo Im goin to be playing U-17 this year for the Glory...do you play there

hat-trick
hat-trick
it may not belong here, but cardinal newman had a much better showing this time against ben lippen. Ben Lippen won 1-0 but cardinal newman played like a different team from the first game. CN should have had more than their 3 yellow cards, including their goalie who should have had one for all the times he screamed at the refs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey CNplayer, quite running your mouth. If you think you are soooo good why arent you on varsity? I played in eigth grade when I was there, so I really dont think you have any room to talk. Pus its just JV!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
uh yea. stop talkin about cn and bp. is jv not over in the mid state or what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ben Lippen took advantage of a poor played game by CN and ended up winning 1-0. I have played in both games and even if I was not a member of CN i would honestly think that CN JV is the better team. The goalie Joshua has been braggin like he is the next thing comin, but really our keeper is 10 times better, he really is good. Ben Lippen is lucky that refs like to blow their whistle just cause someone gets hurt when they get pushed down by our defense. Honestly I would like to have a pick-up game rematch, so CN could bring their best stuff, and teach Ben Lippen what happens when they try to talk crap over the internet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zidane 10....
You cannot judge a team by comparing its scores against sub par teams. CN may have played its best game of the year against dreher and won 5-0, and I know for a fact that both Irmo and Dutch Fork played Dreher in a preseason tournament in which the starters played 10 maybe 15 minutes and then the reserves played, and on top of that there were restrictions on the goals that could be scored. You cannot say that CN can compete beacause they beat Chapin in regulationa and Irmo didnt. Chapin knew they could play with CN and did, but against Irmo they knew they were inferior and put there best players in the back and just bunkered down. Comparing scores does not work in seeing which team is the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummmmmm...well I can judge I have been playing soccer my whole life, I have played with club and I know that CN can compete. I agree you can not compare with scores because the same thing happens with us, we play our bench so much because the school makes us, since we happen to be a Catholic School. 99% of the games even the worst people played for 5 minutes so do not tell me that crap. And maybe if you wanna check up on CN's soccer program then you would look at varsity, most ppl say that 2 of the top 5 players in all of varsity soccer for South Carolina are on that team (Brennan WIlliams and Matt Winstead). So don't even argue and say oh my their a small school, cuz i don't give a damn. Put your whole school all 3,000 of you and we will still beat yall!

Z
throw in
throw in
Z
You are right, comparing scores does not tell whether a team is better. I am only trying to say that this CN JV team could compete with big soccer programs. For instance if Irmo beat Lower Richland 1-0 and another team crushed Lower Richland 19-0. Who would you think is the better team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN sucks just give it up dude...gosh dude CN isnt even worth talking about anymore so just drop it dude bc everyone in SC knows you sucks besides you and your lil teamates....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gentlemen:
A very immature discussion I must say. As a CN soccer mom (to a girls varsity player), I feel that I should apologize for CNplayer's comments. I'm sure his parents didn't raise him that way and that they would be flabbergasted that he was making such comments.

Cardinal Newman is a good academic school (99% of graduates last year went on to college), and the sports programs are doing well and expanding. The athletic director is very concerned about sportsmanship especially since the school wants to produce ethical, caring students (whether they play sports or not).

Perhaps we should view CNplayer's comments as what they are: comments from a teenaged player who is proud of his school and team. He just gets a little carried away!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow jv is so cool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered