Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ben Lippen took advantage of a poor played game by CN and ended up winning 1-0. I have played in both games and even if I was not a member of CN i would honestly think that CN JV is the better team. The goalie Joshua has been braggin like he is the next thing comin, but really our keeper is 10 times better, he really is good. Ben Lippen is lucky that refs like to blow their whistle just cause someone gets hurt when they get pushed down by our defense. Honestly I would like to have a pick-up game rematch, so CN could bring their best stuff, and teach Ben Lippen what happens when they try to talk crap over the internet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zidane 10....
You cannot judge a team by comparing its scores against sub par teams. CN may have played its best game of the year against dreher and won 5-0, and I know for a fact that both Irmo and Dutch Fork played Dreher in a preseason tournament in which the starters played 10 maybe 15 minutes and then the reserves played, and on top of that there were restrictions on the goals that could be scored. You cannot say that CN can compete beacause they beat Chapin in regulationa and Irmo didnt. Chapin knew they could play with CN and did, but against Irmo they knew they were inferior and put there best players in the back and just bunkered down. Comparing scores does not work in seeing which team is the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummmmmm...well I can judge I have been playing soccer my whole life, I have played with club and I know that CN can compete. I agree you can not compare with scores because the same thing happens with us, we play our bench so much because the school makes us, since we happen to be a Catholic School. 99% of the games even the worst people played for 5 minutes so do not tell me that crap. And maybe if you wanna check up on CN's soccer program then you would look at varsity, most ppl say that 2 of the top 5 players in all of varsity soccer for South Carolina are on that team (Brennan WIlliams and Matt Winstead). So don't even argue and say oh my their a small school, cuz i don't give a damn. Put your whole school all 3,000 of you and we will still beat yall!

Z
throw in
throw in
Z
You are right, comparing scores does not tell whether a team is better. I am only trying to say that this CN JV team could compete with big soccer programs. For instance if Irmo beat Lower Richland 1-0 and another team crushed Lower Richland 19-0. Who would you think is the better team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN sucks just give it up dude...gosh dude CN isnt even worth talking about anymore so just drop it dude bc everyone in SC knows you sucks besides you and your lil teamates....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gentlemen:
A very immature discussion I must say. As a CN soccer mom (to a girls varsity player), I feel that I should apologize for CNplayer's comments. I'm sure his parents didn't raise him that way and that they would be flabbergasted that he was making such comments.

Cardinal Newman is a good academic school (99% of graduates last year went on to college), and the sports programs are doing well and expanding. The athletic director is very concerned about sportsmanship especially since the school wants to produce ethical, caring students (whether they play sports or not).

Perhaps we should view CNplayer's comments as what they are: comments from a teenaged player who is proud of his school and team. He just gets a little carried away!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow jv is so cool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered