A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some one answer this for me please!
And nicely and don't jump my case.

Why does the JV girls only get 5-7 games,And the Varsity Lady's get 15-18 games in SC.

Is it about the money/rules or lack of JV Teams.

Now something else I see, And I hope that both Coach's will get together and have a game.
Sumter JV and Lakewood HS Varsity Girls,are on equal Par/skills/size and Stats on the field.

It would be nice to see them play a game with each aver,It would give one of that Team a "WIN" for the year and build confidence. I will pay for the Ref FEES from my pocket, To see that game play in Sumter.

#53888 04/18/03 02:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So.....what you're sayin is that you want us to play varsity and JV girls at Sumter High?

#53889 04/18/03 04:58 AM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Le Coach

I do not know for sure how many games the shs jv girls are playing. I do know that JV teams are allowed 12 matches a year plus a tournament or two. Varsity teams get 16 games and 2 tournaments. I think the reasoning behind the limit of JV games is because of the age of JV players, anywhere from 7th to 9th graders and sometimes some sophomores.

On the subject of Lakewood playing the SHS JV girls, it is something that I believe teams should do when they cannot compete on the Varsity level. It happens in the boys game too. Teams like Lakewood girls, Lower Richland boys and girls, OW, Stall, etc, just have a hard time competing on the Varsity levels in this state. I do not know if it is against rules or if a team would have to play the whole season JV or not. I do think it is a good idea to have some of those teams at least play some matches against JV teams so that like you said they could have some success and actually have a chance to win a game. However, the chances of that happening this year are slim to none. I am sure both teams have their schedules full and cannot play any more games other than the ones remaining on their schedule. And to do so would get both programs in serious trouble with the high school league. However, your suggestions have been expressed by others.

Link Copied to Clipboard