Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been playin soccer for eleven years. Every single one of those years has been
spent playing either as a sweeper or a marking back. I have played forward a little but
not a lot. Anyway, what I am getting to is that as a defender I have shut people down,
well actually I have done that a lot but I wont get into that, and I have had bicyles and
diving headers to save goals. Though I make the diving header save who gets the credit.
You know who gets the credit the forward that had 50 shots and made 2 of them to tie the
game, but what if me the defender that had the diving header save had not been there. Well,
then I would have gotten all the crap from the coach and everyone else and we would have
lost the game. Why do defenders get yelled at when someone scores on them because the
midfielder lost the ball and didnt get himself back because he was to lazy. As a defender I'm
sick and tired of not being appericiated. I told a girl to come watch one of my games she said
" Why, do you play forward?" On the announcements at school what do they announce who scored the goals have you ever heard who had the saves? I think soccer is a team effort and a team sport. Maybe we should just loose the name soccer we can call it Forward or Offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen...

Goal
Goal
quote:
Originally posted by LE Soccer Guy:
Amen...

2nded

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Joe...you sound just a little bitter. Don't look to school announcements or to girlfriends for validation. The true soccer community knows who is quality and who isn't. You've got a lot of people who think you're the real thing...we even know who you are up here in Myrtle Beach!! Soccer is a true team sport. There is no room for ego. Just know that we(the fans) know who you are!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've often pondered the same question...but it will go unanswered. What I hate the most though is when the offensive players blame the defensive players for a game lost. I guess they have to find someone to blame and don't want to include themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There must be a problem with your team chemistry. Soccer is a team sport and you will need everyone on your team including substitutes. You defend with 11 and attack with 11. You should want to excell individually, but ultimately when a player scores or makes a save your TEAM has scored and made a save. Best of luck with your seasons.

J
world cup
world cup
J
EHSSOCCER is right... Everyone knows that thats how a team SHOULD be. But everyone also knows thats not how teams are. Its all competition, its not only between two teams there is competition within a team aswell and everyone knows it. I don't think there is really anything wrong with our team. Its just a general fact in ALL teams that the offense gets more of the credit for the win and the deffense gets the blame for the loss. It may not be that way on your team..but generally thats how it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow L.E. Dude, you posted before I even logged in. I was just going to say something along the same lines....that in THEORY EHSSOCCER is correct.
BUT, it isn't theory that is played out each and every game. I think the point some are missing is that EVERYONE wants a pat on the back or a great going! once in awhile....whether it comes from the coach or from another player. It doesn't happen as often as it should for the defensive players. It all should be a team effort and ego left on the bench, blah, blah, blah...but I've seen the egos SHINE in the offense of both the very best teams and the teams that struggle for every victory. I have a feeling more defensive players feel they are over looked in some fashion then you would suspect. Just my opinion though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When a team wins a championship, everyone knows that they had the strongest defense. If you don't get scored on...you can't lose. Just like the saying 'offense wins games...defense wins championships'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats not tru both defense and offense work hard yea sometime they get all the credit but without defense or offense u wont even have a team buddy peace out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey Joe, I thought u would get alot of comments on this one. I believe someone already said this, but theories are just that. In the real world everyone likes to get a pat on the back, once in awhile. No matter what team or sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like a little kid, if you were on my team, i would beat the crap out of you just for writting that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you thinking. i play defense and i completely disagree with you. soccer is a team sport and if all your worried about is how much glory you get than you shouldnt be playing. who cares that forwards get glory. when you win a game the forwards dont win, the team wins. and if thats not how your team thinks then there is something wrong with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay dude, listen. You have a point. As a defender I know how you feel. Every team goes through that. It's a fact-so wake up and face reality. Quit complaining and just get out there and play. You'll be a better person if you just let the comments roll off your back. As long as you play to the best of your ability, then nasty comments shouldn't bother you. [Smile]

D
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
D
If you look at it from a tactical standpoint, the first attacker is the goalkeeper. When the keeper makes a save, he/she should have their head up looking for an outlet, which should be more often than not, a back, who in-turn becomes the first attacker and then the play progresses. A team that can start the attack from the back will have great success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an enigma that has puzzled us defenders since the creation of the great game. It may suck that sometimes the defense wins the games and the offense gets all they glory, but it is so. So we must keep on fighting the good fight, and earning all the respect they'll give us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ahhhhhhhh.... but life goes on. We just have to keep playing the game we love and be thankful for the little bit of credit we get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason the forwards get all the credit is because you can't win a game 0-0. Someone must score. Hence, the person that has the ability and vision to beat you 1 out of 50 times wins the game. They only need to beat your once.

Trust me, at the next level most excellent high school players get moved to the back becasue they have to ability to attack. Defenders are the fist line (maybe secnond to GK) of attack.

Keep working hard and fight the good fight. Take pride in what you do and everything will be OK.

But again, the money goes to the guy or gal that can fill up the hole...that's true in every sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
huda..from what i hear you shouldnt be caling peple lil kids man

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard